Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no win no fee solicitors

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Hi can anyone recommend a no win no fee solicitors local to Brighton

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Surely it depends on what sort of law you are after, I would guess personal injury?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you have a strong case, you just need a decent solicitor, surely. Firms set up as no win no fee are usually ambulance chasing scum IMO.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you have a strong case, you just need a decent solicitor, surely. Firms set up as no win no fee are usually ambulance chasing scum IMO.

So true, I get a regular call on my mobile from a legal company in Manchester who are always convinced I had a bad car accident a few weeks ago.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Thanks for your reply that's the problem I have I'm not sure how good a case I have ?
I don't really want to pay out only to be told I have no case

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't know exactly how it works but most no win no fee solicitors are actually money lenders. They loan you money to fight your case using their solicitors, if you win you still owe them the money, if you lose you owe them the money but it's not called a fee, it's called a loan. Con job.
If you're not confident you can win with a legit solicitor I'd take it as a life lesson and walk away.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don't know exactly how it works but most no win no fee solicitors are actually money lenders. They loan you money to fight your case using their solicitors, if you win you still owe them the money, if you lose you owe them the money but it's not called a fee, it's called a loan. Con job.
If you're not confident you can win with a legit solicitor I'd take it as a life lesson and walk away.

Really? I never knew that if true. I wouldn't use them anyway

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
So you 'don't know exactly how it work's'.......but you seem to think they offer a loan if unsuccessful?!! How about giving us an example or two, maybe from your own experience or that of someone you know - because you appear to be taking complete rubbish?!

macky

Dec 28, 2004

To be honest I don't like to sue I never have or called the police about anything but what has happened has caused a lot of stress
is's not about money it more about getting a proper apology

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to say I have never heard anything like that. Their more likely to take out After The Event insurance and the only amount you pay is the premium.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Legit solicitors do no win no fee and I'm not sure where you have got the loan bit from, as said above, it's (mostly) insurance based.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thanks for your reply that's the problem I have I'm not sure how good a case I have ?

But what is the issue?

el punal

Suggest you go to the Citizens Advice Bureau for an initial assessment as to whether you have grounds, or, many legal firms will offer a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your case.

If it's work related, try your union legal dept. (if applicable) or, as I found in my case, check your home insurance policy and with some they offer legal assistance within the policy. Best of luck whatever.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
But what is the issue?

I got a letter addressed to my Doctor but cc to me saying I had hep c was dying and would need transplant in the near future
but as I had messed them about I would get no treatment I opened the letter in front of my wife and family That was the stress
I don't have hep c but all the other details on the letter were correct Like I said it has caused lot of stress

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

"No win, no fee" is actually funded by an insurance policy, not a loan.

In the event they win your case for you, they claim their costs from the losing party. If they lose, they claim for their costs against the insurance policy. This is why it is so important to them to only take on cases they think they can win, otherwise the insurance costs become unbearable.

The less scrupulous companies will make the customer pay the insurance premium - this may be where you are getting confused and suggesting the customer is left with the bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here