Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A P McCoy

Jul 7, 2003
Surprised that there is no thread on here already regarding the great man announcing his retirement this afternoon. Now on 200 winners for the season again, champion jockey for the 20th year in succession. The great man will be greatly missed at the end of the season.

Nice of the racing Gods to take this news and, in his next race, he is dumped on his backside at the first fence!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's won me money, but lost me more overall. A cracking rider for sure.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The greatest jumps jockey that there has ever been. 20 championships will never be beaten. He's been brilliant from gaff tracks like Plumpton to Cheltenham Festivals and gives every horse a ride. He doesn't get beat on many that should win but he wins plenty of those that shouldn't. His ride on Wichita Lineman in 2009 was one of the greatest ever rides we'll ever see. Makes you laugh when you see footballers throwing themselves on the floor for nothing when the likes of McCoy get absolutely buried and just get up and get on with it. Was quite surprised when I got a text during the football yesterday that he was retiring.

AP is a legend and I really hope he goes out with his last ride on the Gold Cup or Grand National winner.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd be interested to find the general opinion of Hordes regarding his retirement. It might well be a case of " Thank God that ******* has quit, he used to flog me to death every time,even though I was going flat out "

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
AP has announced his last day racing will be at Sandown on Saturday 25th April.

There are not many things I would give up my ticket in the WSU for but bollocks to Watford I have just bought tickets for Sandown, a bargain at £28 for 2 tickets.

:bowdown: AP McCoy :bowdown:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yes, unless he wins the National. The Sandown Park website is marketing 25th April anticipating he won't.

I hope he wins the National of course

But I also hope he doesn't

Jul 7, 2003
I was at Plumpton when he rode his 3000th winner. They were desperate to get the fixture on - any other day and they would have abandoned as it was so wet. I did feel guilty cheering as he was about to get his 300th winner when the horse fell at the last - I had backed what turned out to be the winner. I then picked up on the next race when he actually got the historic win.

In some respects, it's a shame he will go out at either Aintree or Sandown as his reputation has been built on getting a mixture of cart horses and donkeys to win at places like Plumpton and Fakenham.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
In my opinion the best sportsman i have ever seen in my lifetime. There will never be another AP, we will never see his like again sadly. Take a look at the ride he gave a horse called Un Ace yesterday, miles behind and hampered by a loose horse, he never gave up and got this thing up on the line by a short head. I will really miss him.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I cannot wait for Saturday. I am lucky enough to have one of the 18,000 tickets for sold out Sandown.

Fancy being able to be there when the greatest living British sportsman picks up his twentieth consecutive champions trophy and rides his last ever race. Fanbloodytastic

Sorry Albion, gotta give football a miss this week. See you at Middlesbrough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here