Absolute scum

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just in case you're not angry enough:-

Man steals purse from dying woman hit by lorry in Leigh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-31173113

Sadly looking around the BBC site for this story I heard on the radio earlier, it would appear this bloke isn't the lowest of lowlifes in England that the police have an interest in today.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
:tosser: :wanker: :tosser:

what a complete and utter dickhead, asshole, scummy wanker, prick and any other insult i can call him.

I hope he is found, arrested and put away for a long time.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A few years back we had a bloke in front of us in Eastbourne for a very similar offence; stole a womans purse when she had a suspected heart attack in a restaurant (thankfully she was ok).
He pleaded guilty and his solicitor said "obviously you will want reports". Our legal advisor said that whist we could send him straight down, it may be better to get probation to do a report first.
We discussed it and decided that we couldn't envisage a scenario where a custodial sentence wouldn't apply so we went back out, stern faces on, and sent him off to Lewes for half a year. Do not pass go, do not collect £200.
His solicitor said (half-heartedly I have to admit) that it was a bit cavalier to send him straight away. I told him "Feel free to appeal"
Sometimes justice *is* done...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A few years back we had a bloke in front of us in Eastbourne for a very similar offence; stole a womans purse when she had a suspected heart attack in a restaurant (thankfully she was ok).
He pleaded guilty and his solicitor said "obviously you will want reports". Our legal advisor said that whist we could send him straight down, it may be better to get probation to do a report first.
We discussed it and decided that we couldn't envisage a scenario where a custodial sentence wouldn't apply so we went back out, stern faces on, and sent him off to Lewes for half a year. Do not pass go, do not collect £200.
His solicitor said (half-heartedly I have to admit) that it was a bit cavalier to send him straight away. I told him "Feel free to appeal"
Sometimes justice *is* done...

All of this....except....6 months is justice? Hmmmm

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
All of this....except....6 months is justice? Hmmmm

When everything was weighed up then, in this case, 6 months was appropriate, yes (starting point for theft is community penalty, vulnerability of victim and effect on them pushes it up into the realms of custodial sentence).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Perhaps send them out to Syria and let ISIS deal with them?

Wrong, I know, but very tempting.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being the woolly liberal that I am, I could wonder about the bigger picture.
What is wrong with our society that it can create someone as desperate is this bloke.

Fortunately for me there is still a part of me that can trump that by calling the fella in question the scum that he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here