Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are all the Natha Jones Doubters Now?

A scraped home draw against a poor Reading team and a win where Fulham missed a hatful of good chances doesn't represent the second coming to me I'm afraid. I'm glad he's still learning his trade with us though.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
A scraped home draw against a poor Reading team and a win where Fulham missed a hatful of good chances doesn't represent the second coming to me I'm afraid. I'm glad he's still learning his trade with us though.

this. Hope he stays around and doesn't jump at the first management post he gets offered, which I have no doubt will come along.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sake. We've played worse and won. Forest had ALL the breaks today, we hit the woodwork 3 times and had a ref who'd left his cards in the dressing room for the 1st half. Its fine margins. No we weren't great, but we were hardly terrible.

Play like that every week and we'll be fine.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Sake. We've played worse and won. Forest had ALL the breaks today, we hit the woodwork 3 times and had a ref who'd left his cards in the dressing room for the 1st half. Its fine margins. No we weren't great, but we were hardly terrible.

Play like that every week and we'll be fine.

we do play like that every week - we are constantly bossing games with possession stats but forever failing to convert it into goals. we play nice passing football for much of the game and the opposition often look crap in comparison. But we can't score. So guess what? we aren't fine - we are knee deep in shit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody has got to teach our players to shoot more as to quote Brian Clough if you have 1 shot you can only score a maximum 1 goal. If you have 20 shots you can score anything between 0 and 20 goals. We try to walk the ball into the net too often.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we do play like that every week - we are constantly bossing games with possession stats but forever failing to convert it into goals. we play nice passing football for much of the game and the opposition often look crap in comparison. But we can't score. So guess what? we aren't fine - we are knee deep in shit.

I don't entirely disagree with you, and I'm not saying we ARE fine. But Forest fluked out today with their smash and grab. We certainly didn't stink the place out, that could easily have been another Ipswich-type result had we come the right side of the woodwork and they hadn't. Its fine margins, and today we didn't quite get the rub. Most weeks, a performance at that level will bring points.

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't entirely disagree with you, and I'm not saying we ARE fine. But Forest fluked out today with their smash and grab. We certainly didn't stink the place out, that could easily have been another Ipswich-type result had we come the right side of the woodwork and they hadn't. Its fine margins, and today we didn't quite get the rub. Most weeks, a performance at that level will bring points.

I would argue we have more quality than some of the teams around us, but we are getting to the stage where we might need to scrap for points. I am not convinced we have the players for that. We really need to string some results together now.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015

apparently this.

scared to get the ball to close to the oppositions goal in case it goes in.....at least the new lad looks promising , forest are not an easy team to play against , they have some quality players but the stats from yesterdays game are very easy to interpret...!! we need to convert our possession into goals.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This. Very harsh on Hughton, he has a huge mess to try and sort out.

DjembeJon

Dec 30, 2014
Sussex by the sea
Teddy Maybank, there is a name from the past, record signing I believe. You have a very good point. I personally would like to have seen Nathan given the role for the rest of the season. But he wasn't and I will support the new man. And yes what a mess we have got ourselves in to.....
This. Very harsh on Hughton, he has a huge mess to try and sort out.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Somebody has got to teach our players to shoot more as to quote Brian Clough if you have 1 shot you can only score a maximum 1 goal. If you have 20 shots you can score anything between 0 and 20 goals. We try to walk the ball into the net too often.

According to the BBC we had 24 attempts yesterday - 6 on target. Maybe it's a case of making them shoot properly. :)

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Teddy Maybank, there is a name from the past, record signing I believe. You have a very good point. I personally would like to have seen Nathan given the role for the rest of the season. But he wasn't and I will support the new man. And yes what a mess we have got ourselves in to.....

Yes he was the record signing at the time. I think it was probably too early for Nathan and given the position we needed 'a safe pair of hands'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here