Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PIG why was he released?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Missed the exact reason why we never kept him, good keeper why did he go? Not great distribution but got us points out of games many a time.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
The two common rumors seen to be about his off the field antics with Mrs Garcia and wanting a prem team to sign him up. don't think the real reason has ever surfaced?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There was definitely a falling out of some sort between him and some of the other players. I don't think it was a mistake to let him go; we just don't seem to have got a very reliable replacement.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A lot of people forget that for the last 4/5 months of last season he was absolute pony.

His head was clearly elsewhere and the odd wonder saved papered over a lot of cracks. He'd make a howler, be genuinely poor but we'd win 2-1 and he'd pull off a great save right at the death so people would overlook the facts. Look at the goal we conceded on the last day of last season against Forest for example. If it hadn't been for the dramatic way we'd won the game, they'd have been plenty of threads on here accusing him of losing us a play-off place.

I also see that he conceded after 20 seconds of his Wolves league debut today.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
TB wanted to waste £1m on an inadequate not so good replacement, or so it seems so far this season.

I'm sure TB said exactly that when he have Burke his brief:

'Here you go Dave, go spend £1m of my cash on a keeper that's going to cost us dozens of points this year'

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
remonstrates.gifWeds v Albion 18.JPG2939412.jpg

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
A lot of people forget that for the last 4/5 months of last season he was absolute pony.

His head was clearly elsewhere and the odd wonder saved papered over a lot of cracks. He'd make a howler, be genuinely poor but we'd win 2-1 and he'd pull off a great save right at the death so people would overlook the facts. Look at the goal we conceded on the last day of last season against Forest for example. If it hadn't been for the dramatic way we'd won the game, they'd have been plenty of threads on here accusing him of losing us a play-off place.

I also see that he conceded after 20 seconds of his Wolves league debut today.

Agree - Albion fans have very very short memories. He had a very poor second half of last season and was certainly prone to the odd howler. But our fans won't let that get in the way of trying to hound out yet another decent young player.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Agree - Albion fans have very very short memories. He had a very poor second half of last season and was certainly prone to the odd howler. But our fans won't let that get in the way of trying to hound out yet another decent young player.

Hounding out? Bit of perspective please just asking what happened with the last keeper as i thought he was more than adequate and never heard his reason for departing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Utter bullsh!t. Heard this a few times. A "pony" keeper that carried us into the playoffs two seasons in a row.

Let's not rewrite history

Ulloa got us into the playoffs following a Kuszczak howler. He also conceded 6 goals in the playoffs last year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm sure TB said exactly that when he have Burke his brief:

'Here you go Dave, go spend £1m of my cash on a keeper that's going to cost us dozens of points this year'

Obviously not but that is how it appears to have fallen into place becaus even with his fall off of form as pointed out on here, it still made him far better than Stockdale. For all his mistakes TK earnt us some points, a lot more than DS has and cost us less.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Obviously not but that is how it appears to have fallen into place becaus even with his fall off of form as pointed out on here, it still made him far better than Stockdale. For all his mistakes TK earnt us some points, a lot more than DS has and cost us less.

Don't get me wrong; I think Stockdale has been really poor for most of this season. However, I think that keeping a player that was causing disharmony in the squad would've been a disaster. I'm sure there's a reason that no-one else has taken him on as their first choice keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here