Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing in front of kid.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Young lad, maybe 4 or 5, in front of me today with his Father. They were in normally empty seats (not in any family section) so could have been his first game. A newbie behind me was giving it the works, going through his entire repertoire of swear words, curses and gestures. Kid took it all in his stride until chap said "he was miserly with the ball". What does "miserly" mean? asked the kid to Father.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some people become very precious about swearing at football. Most children will hear as bad if not worse at school and in the general environment. My niece is a primary school teacher and says she gets told to F...Off at least a couple of times every week by 5 -7 year olds.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Some people become very precious about swearing at football. Most children will hear as bad if not worse at school and in the general environment. My niece is a primary school teacher and says she gets told to F...Off at least a couple of times every week by 5 -7 year olds.

But they are little Darlings that can't do no wrong and shouldn't be disciplined as it may be classed as Child abuse!.
Glad I won't be alive when the next generation hits 20's. All these Undiscliplined darlings who grow up with no respect for anyone!.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

It's a rough life in Haywards Heath.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was in the SWC today and at one point gave it a 'fxxk off Forest' as their fans celebrated getting away with yet another dodgy decision by the ref. Behind me I heard a lady saying to a child 'that was not a very nice shout at the other fans', which was fair enough I thought. If she had asked me to tone it down I would have explained where the family stand was.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There was a young lad having a proper swear off behind me today - must've been about 12-13. Was with his dad, but he looked the sort to only let him get away with it for 90 mins every Saturday.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This is just a clever ploy by the OP. He is actually the dad in question and he didn't know what miserly meant. And now he's asking on here what it means so he can tell his boy.:moo::moo:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
i sit in the ESL central part so not in the kids bit. I've taken my son since hes 3, now hes 5. Hes heard me swear loads of times & others.

it doesnt bother me particularly that he hears it

Oct 25, 2003
taken my 7 nephew to a few games. he knows all the words anyway so i only have to tell him that, yes, people swear and that he shouldn't repeat it. as he's heard all the words before he's hardly shocked- he just finds it funny

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Any Brighton fan that didn't swear at today's match needs to give themselves a pat on the back.
My swear box was full up today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here