Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Nottm Forest

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
How did we lose today? Very frustrating. Still think we're good enough to stay up, but we need to start putting away our goal opportunities and stop giving away silly goals. And Greer need to be dropped ... and possibly Stockdale if he was at fault for today's goals. I didn't see them clearly enough to make a judgement.

Stockdale 5. Or a 4 if he is to blame for more than one goal. Maybe time for Walton.
Bruno 3. Very poor game, both defensively and going forward. Drop him now. Not sure Calderon is the answer. Maybe we need a RB loan?
Greer 4. Also a very poor game defensively; distribution rubbish; "shot" at the end was an embarrassment.
Dunk 7. Strong in defense; good distribution; well taken goal.
Bennett 5. OK, but not at his best. Looked to be his poor marking that lead to their 3rd.
Holla 6. Decent enough game. Corners and free kicks good.
Ince 8. Immense in the first half, not quite as dominant in the second. At fault for giving away an unnecessary free kick that lead to their second goal.
Calderon 5. Not sure he's the right player in that midfield role. Didn't contribute a lot to the game.
March 6. Looked fairly bright in the 20 mins he was on the pitch. Hope the injury not too bad.
Tex 7. Looked dangerous although a little lightweight at times. Gave away free kick that lead to their first goal.
O'Grady 7. Lead the line well. Good hold-up play and distribution.

Subs:
Lua Lua 6. Clearly not fully match fit. Didn't see enough of the ball and made some poor decisions when in possession.
Best 5. Honestly didn't see him touch the ball more than a couple of times.
Kayal. Not on long enough to rate, but a goal and a goal attempt in five minutes is a fairly encouraging start!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stockdale can't be any more than a 2 in my opinion. Made a shocking error of judgement at a critical time in the game when we needed to stay solid and get to HT without any drama. And this is a repeat offence.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stockdale 4

Bruno 3
Greer 4
Dunk 5
Bennett 6

Holla 6
Ince 6
Teixera 7
Calderon 5
March not long enough

O'Grady 6

Subs:

Lua Lua 6
Best 4
Kayal 7

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale 0

Another game where he didn't make a save. Two goals were down to him. This guy is a liability too often

That defeat is down to our keeper

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Bruno hasn't been good enough for a while. Occasionally has a good game but just flashes in an otherwise dour season (or two)

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Shameful.
Stockdale. Didn't have much to do and didn't do anything when he should 4
Bruno. Awful, truly awful 2
Greer. Hughes is a better shout now 4
Dunk. Better than Greer but maybe not as good as he thinks he is at the moment 5
Bennett. I like JB, but he faded 5
Ince. Immense in first half, less so in the second 6
Holla. Good dead balls, allows Ince to perform 6
March. Looked fine until injury. Can't really rate
Tex. Muscled out but determined and inventive 7
Calderon. Oh dear 3
COG. so where has the confidence gone all of a sudden? 4

subs
KLL. Over-elaborated too much and needs to remember he's a winger 5
Best. Good runs - should start instead of COG next match 5
Kayal. I'd left after the third goal - bad fan

We were so comfortable then we started to defend deep, and made the crucial mistake of scoring first. forest were woeful and we gave them three points. A lot of the players and, yes, Hughton too (whatever he said at half time was less effective than what Freedman said) ought to be ashamed for that.

And finally - I really really dislike Gary Gardner

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How did we lose today? Very frustrating. Still think we're good enough to stay up, but we need to start putting away our goal opportunities and stop giving away silly goals. And Greer need to be dropped ... and possibly Stockdale if he was at fault for today's goals. I didn't see them clearly enough to make a judgement.

Stockdale 5. Or a 4 if he is to blame for more than one goal. Maybe time for Walton.
Bruno 3. Very poor game, both defensively and going forward. Drop him now. Not sure Calderon is the answer. Maybe we need a RB loan?
Greer 4. Also a very poor game defensively; distribution rubbish; "shot" at the end was an embarrassment.
Dunk 7. Strong in defense; good distribution; well taken goal.
Bennett 5. OK, but not at his best. Looked to be his poor marking that lead to their 3rd.
Holla 6. Decent enough game. Corners and free kicks good.
Ince 8. Immense in the first half, not quite as dominant in the second. At fault for giving away an unnecessary free kick that lead to their second goal.
Calderon 5. Not sure he's the right player in that midfield role. Didn't contribute a lot to the game.
March 6. Looked fairly bright in the 20 mins he was on the pitch. Hope the injury not too bad.
Tex 7. Looked dangerous although a little lightweight at times. Gave away free kick that lead to their first goal.
O'Grady 7. Lead the line well. Good hold-up play and distribution.

Subs:
Lua Lua 6. Clearly not fully match fit. Didn't see enough of the ball and made some poor decisions when in possession.
Best 5. Honestly didn't see him touch the ball more than a couple of times.
Kayal. Not on long enough to rate, but a goal and a goal attempt in five minutes is a fairly encouraging start!

That unnecessary free kick was taking one for the team due to Mr liability Bruno ineptness. And if he hadn't of fouled the player he was in on goal, so very necessary imo.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stockdale 2 - His mistake let them back in the game; not sure second was his fault but damage done. I dread to think how many points his mistakes have cost us this year.
Bruno 6 - Assured and made plenty of forward runs, maybe could've done better with final ball.
Greer - 5
Dunk - 7
Bennet - 7 see Bruno, just a bit better
Holla - 7 nice delivery on set pieces and rattled the bar.
Ince - 8 everything we built went through him today
KLL 7 - nice to have him back, beautiful delivery from corner for 2nd goal
Tex 8 - started below average but became the key focus of attacks in 2nd half
COG - 6 some decent hold up play and general good strength
Calderon - 5 Nothing bad by not great. If JFC had had the same game he'd be crucified.

Best 5 - didn't notice him
Kayal 7 - can't ask much more than to score in 10 mins on pitch
March 5 - no impact before his injury

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Stockdale 3
Bruno 4
Greer 4
Dunk 5
Bennett 5
Holla 6
Ince 7
Calderon 5
Texeira 7 MOM
O'Grady 6
Lua Lua 6

Best 5

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Stockdale 3- everything he had to do, he didn't.

Bruno 4- looked okay defensively but poor going forward and dreadful final ball
Greer 4- poor game , don't remember seeing him make any important interceptions
Dunk 5- only slightly better than GG
Bennett- 6 made decent forward runs but always got the wrong ball to him, always struggles defensively if CH is gonna play any full back as a winger it should be him

Holla 5- looked good in the first half, set pieces were on point, dissapeard in the second half
Ince 6- the reverse to Bennett, solid defensively but gets lost in opposition half
Tex 7- made mugs of there defence at times but struggled to supply COG

Calderon 5- fair play to him tries his best out of position, does okay despite lack of pace but once again couldn't get that final ball
KLL 5- Had the odd run that came to nothing, only reason he gets a 5 is for cross kayal goal

O'Grady 4- lack of supply didn't help him, didn't put himself about as much, be good to see Macca or Baldock play alongside him

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Where to start there is just no desire to get forward at pace.

Stockdale - 4 oh dear
Bruno - 3 just awful
Greer -5 what pace he did have has gone and he is always on the back foot.
Dunk - 7 best defender by far
Bennett - 5 not terrible but just had no impact on the game
Ince - 8 best player on the pitch again
Holla - 6 he is OK but I think he give Ince the freedom to perform
Calderon - 5 meh
Tex - 7 best attacking player on the pitch
March - not enough time to mark
OGrady - 6 held the ball well but that was it really

Lua Lua - 6 still not on the pace but showed a bit more intent to attack
Best - 4 didn't even realise he was on the pitch
Kayak - 9 if you can put that much enthusiasm and attitude into every game the we will have a quality player.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Where to start there is just no desire to get forward at pace.

Stockdale - 4 oh dear
Bruno - 3 just awful
Greer -5 what pace he did have has gone and he is always on the back foot.
Dunk - 7 best defender by far
Bennett - 5 not terrible but just had no impact on the game
Ince - 8 best player on the pitch again
Holla - 6 he is OK but I think he give Ince the freedom to perform
Calderon - 5 meh
Tex - 7 best attacking player on the pitch
March - not enough time to mark
OGrady - 6 held the ball well but that was it really

Lua Lua - 6 still not on the pace but showed a bit more intent to attack
Best - 4 didn't even realise he was on the pitch

Kayak - 9 if you can put that much enthusiasm and attitude into every game the we will have a quality player.

Spot on with all of those.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stockdale 4. At fault for first goal. Flaps as much as Casper
Bruno 3. Awful
Greer 2. Get rid. How can the club captain not be good enough for the Dev Squad?
Dunk 7. May have just looked good compared to Greer but scored or at least force a goal (even on second look it smells of an OG)
Bennett 3. If you're going to be an attacking left back that can't tackle at least make sure you can cross it beyond the first defender FFS.
Holla 6. Solid
Ince 8 MOM by half a point. Dominated the whole first half which we should have ended 2 or 3 up.
Calderon 4. End this experiment now.
March - Not going to give a mark. He really was playing well till he got carted and how their player didn't get yellow I don't know. However, he left before the game had taken shape.
Tex 7. Good game by his standards. The creative Tex turned up today
O'Grady 7.5 Excellent. So wrong about him earlier in the season. His hold up play is immense.

Subs:
Lua Lua 6. Not much wrong for a first game back. Ideally should not have played 70 mins.
Best 4. Shit.
Kayal 7.5 This guy is the real deal. Please let him not be injured.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 5
Bruno 5.5
Dunk 5
Greer 5
Bennett 5
Ince 5
Holla 6
Tex 6.5
Kaz 6.5
Calderon 5
O' Grady 5

Miserable afternoon, not impressed with anyone much except Tex & Kaz (who didn't look fit but looked like he cared) in flashes.
Our squad is wafer thin in (fit) numbers & quality & our defensive solidity is gone - I expected to see Sami in the dugout 2nd half, we were that clueless.
Very, very worried. I have faith in CH but he's got a big job on here - thank God we used the transfer window (& the last) so well - Oh...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 4 at least 1 goal directly his fault.
Bruno 4 Seemed lost, poor game.
Greer 4 as per Bruno
Dunk 7 Solid as usual.
Bennett 5 as per Bruno and Greer but very slightly better
Holla 7.5 good game allround
Ince 8 MOM in his enthusiasm he loses the ball but nearly always wins it back.
Tiexiera 7.5 Bright spark deserved a goal
Calderon 4 Not good enough as a right back and lost on the right of midfield time to replace him.
March n/a not on long enough but shouldnt have started.
COG 7 Worked hard with little success.
subs
Lua Lua 6 On earlier than planned did ok but missed the sparkle we needed.
Best 5 Didnt impose himself but didnt get given many balls to try for.
Kayal 5 Not on long enough to judge but scored a good goal.

CH 4 Not impressed with substitutions and timing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale - 3 - a shame as he seemed to be improving
Bruno - 2 - a shambolic performance. Terrible positioning, failed to chase back when beaten on several occaisions and gave away the ball whenever he got forward
Greer - 4 - a shadow of the player we saw in August and September
Dunk - 6 - the pick of a bad defensive unit
Bennett - 4 - flatters to deceive. Whenever we concede a couple in a game you know at least one will come from his flank
Holla - 7 - great set pieces. Faded
Ince - 7 - probably shaded MOTM
Calderon - 4 - looked lost
March - 5 - little impact before injury
COG - 6 - grafted but rarely threatened
Tex - 7 - responsible for many of our brighter moments. Unlucky not to score

Lua Lua - 6 - good to have him back
Best - 4 -did he touch the ball?
Kayal - 7 - great cameo

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think the general performance was worthy of the low marks that have been given so far.

Stockdale 4.5 - What was he doing for their first goal? It was Cardiff all over again. Sucked the atmosphere out of the crowd.
Bruno 5
Greer 6 - Thought he mostly handled their attackers well
Dunk 6
Bennett 5.5
Calderon 6
Holla 6.5
Ince 6.5
Teixeira 7
O'Grady 6
March 6

Lualua 5.5 Not fit enough to play as much as he did, was tiring late on (I assume, or he just lost most of his effectiveness when he moved into the middle)
Best 5 - Didn't notice him
Kayal - If I were to rate him, I'd probably give him a 7 or 7.5. Only on for 7 minutes so won't give him the rating I wonder how the game would have gone if he came on instead of Best at 65mins.

There is so much to be frustrated by in today's game:

Poor decision in the final third from our players
The ref acknowledging a lot of Forest fouls when playing the advantage (something he did well), but seemingly ignoring them when it came to totting up offences, so not giving out the bookings Forest's fouling deserved
Yet another example to add to the pile of teams who come to the amex and show a modicum of discipline in defence, stifling us and walking away with the points
The ref doing nothing about blatant time wasting then giving a minimum four minutes (five subs and three goals alone account for 4mins on average)
Our players concentrating so much on spreading out across the pitch, while our opponents converge on our player with the ball giving the impression of out numbering us (in the immediate area of the ball there were more Forest players at all times, our player had little option because the longer passes were blocked off by all the forest bodies around them)
Our players not making enough effort to get forward/in the box when attacking/chasing the game
The ref missing the handball in the first half
Our players showing so much fight and desire to get something, but only when we're in injury time
So many poor decisions from our players. Yes, I know I said that. It just has really bugged me a lot this season. Passing when they should shoot, hesitating so that can change foot, shooting when they should pass, hanging back when they should make a run, etc etc etc
The ease with which teams can timewaste at the amex.

But there was some good stuff also

We did dominate the game, and it didn't feel that our large possession stat was due to playing it around the back.
The final few minutes were incredibly exciting and high drama. Really, the people who left as soon as the third went in (and that was quite an impressive exodus), missed what I felt was the most dramatic and entertaining passage of the game
Kayal in his brief appearance looks a gem.
Players coming back from injury (it's a shame we needed kaz so early, he clearly isn't fit enough for that much game time) that suggest some quality is coming back into the team. Hope it doesn't take them too long to get back up to speed.
Most of the teams around us lost, so we didn't lose too much ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here