Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relocation

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
I was wondering with a couple of Albion supporter mates about the club's direction and we got talking about the fan base.

We (four of us) all agreed that too many other teams see us as a soft touch, due to being by the sea, small club feel, etc and this often costs us points and inevitably our Championship status.

Additionally, someone pointed out that many players see us an attractive club to come to, not because of their desire to do well for our football team, but because of the opportunity to experience Brighton's famous discos and wine-clubs. How many times have we seen loan players come down here for a little holiday, doing badly and never giving their best? Guaranteed they'll be out at The Event II until midnight on a weekend. Darren Bent, Simon Royce, Robbie Savage, Lloyd Owusu, the list is endless, it's a joke.

So why don't we move the club's official base to somewhere like (but not specifically) Worthing or Hastings? Obviously, we'd keep using the Amex for matches, but operations could move to Worthing and we'd be a) closer to our training centre at Lancing and b) draw in a bigger diehard support giving us much-needed gate money. My mate suggested Purley but that's stupid because it's a bit too near to AFC Wimbledon

What do you guys think and would you be willing to consider it if it benefitted the club?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I was wondering with a couple of Albion supporter mates about the club's direction and we got talking about the fan base.

We (four of us) all agreed that too many other teams see us as a soft touch, due to being by the sea, small club feel, etc and this often costs us points and inevitably our Championship status.

Additionally, someone pointed out that many players see us an attractive club to come to, not because of their desire to do well for our football team, but because of the opportunity to experience Brighton's famous discos and wine-clubs. How many times have we seen loan players come down here for a little holiday, doing badly and never giving their best? Guaranteed they'll be out at The Event II until midnight on a weekend. Darren Bent, Simon Royce, Robbie Savage, Lloyd Owusu, the list is endless, it's a joke.

So why don't we move the club's official base to somewhere like (but not specifically) Worthing or Hastings? Obviously, we'd keep using the Amex for matches, but operations could move to Worthing and we'd be a) closer to our training centre at Lancing and b) draw in a bigger diehard support giving us much-needed gate money. My mate suggested Purley but that's stupid because it's a bit too near to AFC Wimbledon

What do you guys think and would you be willing to consider it if it benefitted the club?

I know what you mean to a degree but you lost me by criticising Lloyd Owusu #raisetheroof

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
Oct 17, 2008
My club is called BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION thank you very much

Yes but Brighton is a very loose term, it's a region due to its size and reputation. I'd class Portslade, Southwick, Roedean, Crawley, Burgess Hill, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells is all "Brighton" to most people, really isn't it.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
If they were to train at Lancing and play at the Amex still, what difference would it make?!?!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Anyway, I think the club's forthcoming relocation to League One will make it a less attractive proposition for all manner of players.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where do the players go out of interest? I reckon some must go to that Bohemian place in Meeting House lane.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
Oct 17, 2008
Which led me to think of something else, there will be other bigger local clubs who could fill a beautiful stadium such as The Anex, Spurs, Portsmouth, Brentford - if we DID move away to Hastings, we could lease out our ground and ground share with Crawley, we'd save a fortune to spend on playing talent

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I think that is one of the stupidest suggestions I have ever read.

I can only presume it's meant as some kind of 'hilarious' fishing trip.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Which led me to think of something else, there will be other bigger local clubs who could fill a beautiful stadium such as The Anex, Spurs, Portsmouth, Brentford - if we DID move away to Hastings, we could lease out our ground and ground share with Crawley, we'd save a fortune to spend on playing talent

There's always Brighton & Hove City FC and I believe Horsham are desperate for a new ground too

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
Oct 17, 2008
There's always Brighton & Hove City FC and I believe Horsham are desperate for a new ground too

It's a good thought, but I don't think either of those teams realistically have the fanbase to fill a ground like ours. It would need to be someone with our support or bigger, like Leyton Orient or Brentford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here