Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halford Should Start

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well, he should, shouldn't he?
Greer (especially) & Dunk not good enough over recent weeks.
Far more solid and organised with Halford in the middle.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014

Greer has been total and utter dog shit this season.Halford and Dunk to start V Cardiff

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Greer has been awful for a number of games now, just because he's the club captain shouldn't make him immune from being dropped. Halford is far superior and needs to start.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He couldn't play today even if Hughton had wanted him to.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
You, er, need to be fit to start.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You, er, need to be fit to start.

He was fit wasn't he? It's just that Forest are his parent club?

Greer needs to take a long hard look at himself though. Very poor of late and seems to only play because he's skipper.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Walton
Bruno - Halford - Dunk - Bennett
Holla - Kayal - Ince
LuaLua - COG - Teixeira

Subs: Stockdale, Hughes, Calderon, Rea, JFC, CMS, Best​

Would be my team for the Cardiff game, assuming March and Baldock aren't fit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Walton
Holla - Kayal - Ince
LuaLua - COG - Teixeira

Four defenders and three defensive midfielders- on Tuesday ? Did we draw the first match against Arsenal ?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Walton
Holla - Kayal - Ince
LuaLua - COG - Teixeira

So you would play an unfit Lua Lua. He was awful in the second half and clearly not fit. A fit Lua Lua would get into the team anyday. Unfortunately when he is not fit he is a liability and today was one of those days.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So you would play an unfit Lua Lua. He was awful in the second half and clearly not fit. A fit Lua Lua would get into the team anyday. Unfortunately when he is not fit he is a liability and today was one of those days.

Who else is there though, that's the problem.

March went off, maybe CMS out there? Really don't think Calderon is the answer. :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's funny how people see the game differently; I thought KLL looked lively. Would've been better to have had him as an option from the bench after 60 mins given it was his first game since late November, but I can't think of an incident where he let us down in particular. Lovely corner for the 2nd goal as well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i dont understand why we play two defensive midfielders at home. although having seen how we are currently defending.....i'll get my coat

Given that today the opposition only played one up front ....quite often we seemed to have six back against one or 2 of there players...no wonder we were struggling to break through

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What absolute rot. How was he a liability ? He worked his socks off, tracked back, always made himself available for the pass, didn't give the ball away, beat his man to get the ball across the box. Whats he got to do, beat 3 men and rifle one into the top corner ?

Watch the bloody game.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
What absolute rot. How was he a liability ? He worked his socks off, tracked back, always made himself available for the pass, didn't give the ball away, beat his man to get the ball across the box. Whats he got to do, beat 3 men and rifle one into the top corner ?

Watch the bloody game.

agree with this. FFS the guys been out for what 2,3? months, of course he would get knackered quickly and of course he won't be back to his best, but really he did as well as could be expected, particularly given that he had to be called into action far earlier in a game than would perhaps otherwise been the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here