• yes

Votes: 53 88.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not time for the witch hunt yet (we've still got Kemi on the books for that!) but it does look as if he's now got to a point where age is the only winner. I'm sure he can play on for another season or two, but not, I think, at this level. We may of course be wrong - he certainly seemed to impress Strachan in the Scotland set up - but it looks a good time to rest him for a few games and see how Hughes or Halford cope.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why stop with Greer? The entire back 5 needs an overhaul, Stockdale constantly makes goal costing mistakes, Bennett is hit and miss and after 3 years maybe we should actually think about having a left back of our own, Greer as mentioned already is shot, Dunk is ok but how much is that due to the crap alongside him? Would be better with a better partner and as for Bruno, an absolute waste of a shirt ,never goes to meet the ball when its played to him.How many times a game do the opposition make an interception whilst he's standing waiting for the ball to arrive? Passing is poor, crossing even worse, why the hell was he given another contract? Make no mistake our defensive frailties are costing us cheap goals and ultimately too many points. Thank Christ for Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool because with the weak defence we have we ARE relying on those 3 being even shittier than us

This. Bruno and Stockdale equally woeful today. Bennett can't tackle and, in any case, will be off back to Villa in the summer leaving us looking for our fifth first choice left back in five seasons. All our first choice permanent back four the wrong side of 30 except Dunk who is too young to be consistent at CB. Halford off at end of season.

Bridge got that back 4 through Poyest's last season and Upson got them through Oscars'. We could have kept either with a bit of a spend.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been a fan of Greer but he has today had one too many bad games. I would bring in Hughes for the game at Cardiff as I think he will do better against Kenwyne Jones if he plays.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bridge got that back 4 through Poyest's last season and Upson got them through Oscars'. We could have kept either with a bit of a spend.

Good piece of work NOT to spend money keeping them, bearing in mind the amount of football they've played since leaving us! Agree though that both did a great job for us - somebody else of that quality would be very welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here