• yes

Votes: 53 88.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If Greer wasn't skipper he wouldn't be playing in my opinion. One of my pet hates in "Captain's Immunity". Irrespective of form, they play all the time. Halford should start vs. Cardiff.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He shouldn't have been first choice CB for about 18 months now, IMO.

His positioning and movement has been a joke recently (watch Arsenals second for proof.), his 50 yard Hollywood balls work about once a month, despite the fact he attempts them 10 times a game and he's stopped being a leader. I'd have him as 6th choice below Dunk, Halford, Hughes, Rea and Ince. He should be nowhere near our XI.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've been a big fan of Greer, his commitment and effort for this club have always been superb. Unfortunately this season has proved that his days of playing at this level are probably over.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I've been a big fan of Greer, his commitment and effort for this club have always been superb. Unfortunately this season has proved that his days of playing at this level are probably over.

I haven't. Not for about 3 seasons. He has been our weak link for far too long yet no-one seems to see it. Until now

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It's getting more and more clear that Upson carried our defence last year. Thought Greer was good enough for starts last season, but agree he hasn't been up to standard this season!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
His sidefooted fluff at the game's end warranted a scream, but the old chap has a tiny bit of life in his legs yet. It could mean a departure at the end of the season though if we look to mount a next season challenge - no, hilarious relegation jokesters, not in League 1.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He shouldn't have been first choice CB for about 18 months now, IMO.

Totally agree, though I actually thought he started this season quite well. Back to his worst form again now, though. He either needs a rest or to move down a division.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hughes and Halford must be a better option. I think Greer could be one of the players still in contract who are put on the transfer list at the end of the season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Totally agree, though I actually thought he started this season quite well. Back to his worst form again now, though. He either needs a rest or to move down a division.

Sadly, I think he's past it and needs to move down a division. He was excellent for us when we won L1 and was solid enough under Poyet in this league, but time has caught up with him I think.

He'd look a class above for somebody like Notts County/Oldham, but unfortunately he's the weakest link in a team which seems to be mainly weak links.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
It was clear in the summer we needed to sign a quality centre half to partner Greer. Too slow for this division now.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Greer blows hot & cold on a game by game

He has had some decent games but has had a few howlers this year (& last). Halford or hughes instead for me

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It was clear in the summer we needed to sign a quality centre half to partner Greer. Too slow for this division now.

Do you mean to partner dunk? Or really think that halford, Hughes & dunk aren't up to it - but greer is?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Drop him and drop him now. We're crying out for a leader and we get that sack of shit. Cost us the game. Awful throughout he missed an unmarked header from about 4 yards and a simple chance to equalise at the death both equally embarassingly. Totally at fault for their third. In general showed the leadership qualities of a litter runt with shyness issues and the pace of an arthritic snail that had just been caught and turned in to "porridge" by Heston Blumenthal.#

Shit, shit player several months beyond his sell by date. No idea how he still plays let alone "captains".

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Why stop with Greer? The entire back 5 needs an overhaul, Stockdale constantly makes goal costing mistakes, Bennett is hit and miss and after 3 years maybe we should actually think about having a left back of our own, Greer as mentioned already is shot, Dunk is ok but how much is that due to the crap alongside him? Would be better with a better partner and as for Bruno, an absolute waste of a shirt ,never goes to meet the ball when its played to him.How many times a game do the opposition make an interception whilst he's standing waiting for the ball to arrive? Passing is poor, crossing even worse, why the hell was he given another contract? Make no mistake our defensive frailties are costing us cheap goals and ultimately too many points. Thank Christ for Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool because with the weak defence we have we ARE relying on those 3 being even shittier than us

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok people of short memory.
Greer started the season playing possibly his best ever football.
He got and deserved his Scotchland caps.

Sadly though the last couple of months haven't been kind.
Either Halford or Hughes should be in, both when Dunk isn't available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here