Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Henfield FC Youth Football Tournament - Entries welcome


    0 Not allowed!
    Our 3rd annual Tournament takes place over the week-end of Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May - over 130 teams expected.

    We are already full in U9s & U11s.

    Places available :

    U7s (Sat. pm)
    U8s (Sat. am)
    U10s (Sun. pm)
    U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
    U12s (Sat. am)
    U13s (Sun. am)
    U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
    U14s (Sat. am)
    U15s (Sun. pm)
    U16s (Sun. am)

    Email me : [email protected] for further details.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Brighton Bhuna Boy Beach Hut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Living In a Box
      Posts
      66,959


      0 Not allowed!
      U18s ?
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
    • #3

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      U18s ?
      Sorry, but we aren't running an U18s group.
    • #4
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      saaf of the water
      Posts
      7,957


      0 Not allowed!
      Always a well run and well organised tournament when I used to take my boys teams there.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
    • #5
      Brighton Bhuna Boy Beach Hut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Living In a Box
      Posts
      66,959


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Henfield One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry, but we aren't running an U18s group.
      Oh well, have to do Upper Beeding then
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
    • #6
    • #7

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      U18s ?
      I don't really understand having under 18's football, it wasn't that long ago you played adult football in the local parks from the age of 16.
      Some 16 year olds can even compete at the top
      Last edited by Seagulls Downunder; 08-02-2015 at 07:50.
      Supporting the Albion from the otherside of the planet.
    • #8
      Members supaseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
      Posts
      9,632


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls Downunder View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't really understand having under 18's football, it wasn't that long ago you played adult football in the local parks from the age of 16.
      Some 16 year olds can even compete at the top
      A very very small proportion of 16 year olds are strong enough mentally, technically and physically to play in the adults game. However a majority are not.

      Also one of the main reasons why late teens lost their love of the game was because they don't want to have to be smashed all over the place by overweight 40 year olds with hangovers!

      Mousy because it was right before it doesn't mean to say it's right now and in fact players in this country would benefit from youth football until under 21s so that their bodies and physical ability is able to fully develop.

      As you say there will always be lads who are strong enough at 16 in adults football, however, most aren't.
      A member of the Giles Stille appreciation society
    • #9
      Members supaseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
      Posts
      9,632


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Henfield One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Our 3rd annual Tournament takes place over the week-end of Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May - over 130 teams expected.

      We are already full in U9s & U11s.

      Places available :

      U7s (Sat. pm)
      U8s (Sat. am)
      U10s (Sun. pm)
      U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
      U12s (Sat. am)
      U13s (Sun. am)
      U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
      U14s (Sat. am)
      U15s (Sun. pm)
      U16s (Sun. am)

      Email me : [email protected] for further details.
      All of us at Mile Oak Wanderers are looking forward to it!
      A member of the Giles Stille appreciation society
    • #10
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      9,312


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Henfield One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Our 3rd annual Tournament takes place over the week-end of Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May - over 130 teams expected.

      We are already full in U9s & U11s.

      Places available :

      U7s (Sat. pm)
      U8s (Sat. am)
      U10s (Sun. pm)
      U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
      U12s (Sat. am)
      U13s (Sun. am)
      U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
      U14s (Sat. am)
      U15s (Sun. pm)
      U16s (Sun. am)

      Email me : [email protected] for further details.
      Will email you later interested in bringing our u13 boys team from Sedlescombe.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •