Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henfield FC Youth Football Tournament - Entries welcome

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Our 3rd annual Tournament takes place over the week-end of Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May - over 130 teams expected.

We are already full in U9s & U11s.

Places available :

U7s (Sat. pm)
U8s (Sat. am)
U10s (Sun. pm)
U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
U12s (Sat. am)
U13s (Sun. am)
U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
U14s (Sat. am)
U15s (Sun. pm)
U16s (Sun. am)

Email me : paul@samrah.freeserve.co.uk for further details.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
U18s ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't really understand having under 18's football, it wasn't that long ago you played adult football in the local parks from the age of 16.
Some 16 year olds can even compete at the top https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dBWUjuCU0

A very very small proportion of 16 year olds are strong enough mentally, technically and physically to play in the adults game. However a majority are not.

Also one of the main reasons why late teens lost their love of the game was because they don't want to have to be smashed all over the place by overweight 40 year olds with hangovers!

Mousy because it was right before it doesn't mean to say it's right now and in fact players in this country would benefit from youth football until under 21s so that their bodies and physical ability is able to fully develop.

As you say there will always be lads who are strong enough at 16 in adults football, however, most aren't.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Our 3rd annual Tournament takes place over the week-end of Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th May - over 130 teams expected.

Places available :

U7s (Sat. pm)
U8s (Sat. am)
U10s (Sun. pm)
U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
U12s (Sat. am)
U13s (Sun. am)
U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
U14s (Sat. am)
U15s (Sun. pm)
U16s (Sun. am)

All of us at Mile Oak Wanderers are looking forward to it!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Places available :

U7s (Sat. pm)
U8s (Sat. am)
U10s (Sun. pm)
U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
U12s (Sat. am)
U13s (Sun. am)
U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
U14s (Sat. am)
U15s (Sun. pm)
U16s (Sun. am)

Will email you later interested in bringing our u13 boys team from Sedlescombe.

A very very small proportion of 16 year olds are strong enough mentally, technically and physically to play in the adults game. However a majority are not.

Also one of the main reasons why late teens lost their love of the game was because they don't want to have to be smashed all over the place by overweight 40 year olds with hangovers!

Mousy because it was right before it doesn't mean to say it's right now and in fact players in this country would benefit from youth football until under 21s so that their bodies and physical ability is able to fully develop.

As you say there will always be lads who are strong enough at 16 in adults football, however, most aren't.
Indeed. I remember the occasion when Ringmer FC had entered a team in the FA Youth Cup, only to discover that they couldn't raise a team to play. Faced with disqualification from ALL FA competitions, they desperately recruited the services of the local U16 team that played under the name of Ringmer Rovers FC.

Ringmer Rovers U16s were a good team at their level, but the first round of the FA Youth Cup proved that they were no match for the older lads of Dover Athletic. Since my lad played in goal in that match, I have generously forgotten what the score was.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Indeed the gulf is getting so big Sussex County may introduce an U21 league to try and bridge the gap between U18s and full County Games

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Indeed the gulf is getting so big Sussex County may introduce an U21 league to try and bridge the gap between U18s and full County Games

Personally think that's crazy. I was playing County League Football at 18. If you're good enough you're old enough.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003

Places available :

U7s (Sat. pm)
U8s (Sat. am)
U10s (Sun. pm)
U11s Girls (Sun. pm)
U12s (Sat. am)
U13s (Sun. am)
U13s Girls (Sat. pm)
U14s (Sat. am)
U15s (Sun. pm)
U16s (Sun. am)

Places still available.......especially U11s Girls - early bird discount ends 28 Feb.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Places available :

U7s (Sat. pm) 3 left only
U11s Girls (Sun. pm) 3 left only
U13s Girls (Sat. pm) 3 left only
U14s (Sat. am) 4 left only
U15s (Sun. pm) 2 left only
U16s (Sun. am) 6 left only

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here