Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

18 games

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Our season starts tomorrow.

Transfer window done & dusted although loan window opens again in a week or so.

We don't have any distractions or excuses now.
We now have pretty much a fully fit squad to choose from.

We have 18 games to get enough points that keeps us in this division.

We have a 2 point cushion over millwall & 7 over wigan.Blackpool in all fairness are probably too far behind to escape.

So all we have to do to survive is get 1 point less than millwall manage & 6 less than Wigan.

Sounds easy when put like that dosen't it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Win at Millwall on St Patrick's Day, and we'll stay up

:rock:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Win at Millwall on St Patrick's Day, and we'll stay up

:rock:

We always do well at millwall but survival will not be dependant on the result of that game.

If we lose to forest today & Millwall beat Huddersfield at home we will be back in the bottom 3.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'd be happy to finish this season 4th from bottom considering how it started.Let's just survive and start next season with CH still in charge with a good summer spending spree.

I agree let's survive but I'm not sure a spending spree is the answer.We need a leader in the centre of the pitch.somebody that can drive the team forward,somebody that rohan ince can imitate,because ince is a star in the making.

We need a winger & we need another striker.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree let's survive but I'm not sure a spending spree is the answer.We need a leader in the centre of the pitch.somebody that can drive the team forward,somebody that rohan ince can imitate,because ince is a star in the making.

We need a winger & we need another striker.
I think we need a CB Upson was never replaced and we have shipped far to many sloppy goals this season. IMO Dunk is average and GG is not as good as he was, not sure why Hughes isnt played that much.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We should not be looking at what other teams are doing. We need to concentrate on getting 21 points as quickly as possible, the first 3 today.
I'll feel a lot, lot better about this season if we can get 18 of those points in the 6 winnable games in February.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think we need a CB Upson was never replaced and we have shipped far to many sloppy goals this season. IMO Dunk is average and GG is not as good as he was, not sure why Hughes isnt played that much.

With you on this. Without parachute cash we are unlikely to be lighting up the division with goals galore. A strong defence is essential. Dunk has been over hyped and Greer is fading.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With you on this. Without parachute cash we are unlikely to be lighting up the division with goals galore. A strong defence is essential. Dunk has been over hyped and Greer is fading.

Parachutes don't guarantee anything; Bournemouth, Derby and Warford are the top 3 scorers so far this year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How are we going to get that leader without spending a decent amount?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
7-8 wins needed from 17 games.

That doesn't sound good.

In reality we just need to match or better Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool each week. Let's just hope they keep losing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here