Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hog Roast ? Where does NSC recommend I get one

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My daughter is getting married :ascarf:
On Cup Final day :wozza:

She is looking to hire/buy a Hog Roast for the reception where the people running it come out and do all the business
Thie reception is somewhere out near Lewes and she wondered if I had any ideas?

Nope. No Clue.

But I told her someone on NSC will know where the best place to go is.
Coz the people on NSC know absolutely bloody everything

So, come on, don't let me down

Your recommendations please

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Try the landlord of The Swan at Falmer. They have a hog roast on some match days. He should be able to put in touch with the guy that does it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't help you but do they still have hog roasts at Lewes bonfire night? I love the stuff :drool:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ray International .. Best pig roast I've ever had and one pig fed 130 at my wedding for under £700.
Believe he is based in Ringmer

07747 602777

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A few years ago we had a hog roast in our garden for about 70 people. If we had someone on site cooking for us it would have cost quite a bit of money. We decided to cook it ourselves and it worked out fantastic.
They dropped of the spit the night before from a refrigerated vehicle. The hog was already mounted on the spit a we kept it in the garage overnight. They supplied all the buns and gave me a quick run through with the spit.
You just need a power point and they supply the gas bottle. The PowerPoint drives the spit. It is very very easy. It took about 6 hours and you just need to empty fat about every half hour. At a large function there i s normally someone who is more than happy to keep an eye on it.
After about six hours you just carve it onto a plate and then into buns with the apple sauce.
You really can do it without someone from the company. Mind you I cannot remember the name of the company.
Good luck.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The local butcher in Hangleton ( Wickendens ) will get one in for you but you do need to order it ( unsurprisingly ! ). Always very good meat there and easy parking to pick up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here