• Wembley

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Millenium

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i find the setting of Wembley depressing, just stuck in an industrial park adjacent to one of the more grotty anonymous parts of London. At Cardiff makes for a nice day out.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Wembley is the better stadium, Cardiff is in the middle of a decent city centre though whereas Wembley (the area) is a shit hole. Loads of great pubs.

Did the Wembley Stadium tour and it's f***ing amazing, atmosphere at the Jocks match was unbelievable...the problem isn't the stadium, it's the area (and the awful music blasted stupidly loud over the tannoy)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is it worth pointing out that "Millennium" has a double "n" ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Didn't the Millennium cost around £70 mil and Wembley around £750 mil? Having been to both the Mill stad is by far the best stadium for watching. The atmosphere is far superior. Wembley wasn't needed, in a shit hole area and vastly overpriced. Never seems to have much of an atmosphere.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Millennium wins hands down. A superb stadium, in the centre of town.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Millennium wins hands down. A superb stadium, in the centre of town.
This. And a quarter the price. Miles better stadium.

Wembley should have been knocked down and the national stadium should have been near Birmingham, but this is what happens when you let a complete prick like Ken Bates influence important decisions.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
The old Wembley trumps both of them ,the FA cup was the biggest thing to win ,now its like the Sherpa vans ect ,the new Wembley is now playing the semis ,and final ,pathetic

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The old Wembley trumps both of them ,the FA cup was the biggest thing to win ,now its like the Sherpa vans ect ,the new Wembley is now playing the semis ,and final ,pathetic

The old Wembley hosted semi final matches (spurs v arsenal 1991). Do you not remember Arsenal playing all their champions league home matches at the old Wembey?

The old Wembley had terrible views.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Wembley_Stadium_interior.jpg

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The Millstad for me easily, though maybe it's because I enjoyed the whole Play Off final day so much. I loved being able to walk around the centre of Cardiff and go for beers, then go for a walk in the park next to Cardiff Castle and come back to soak up the atmosphere. And I can still remember the hairs standing up on the back of my neck when they'd finished with the Wurzels and GOSBTS started up. I really liked the stadium too, though the North Stand was a bit weird; they've incorporated a section of the old North Stand from Cardiff Arms Park into it. I've been to the new Wembley a few times and the experience is frankly unmemorable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Wembley is the better stadium for sure.

But I have to acknowledge that the Millenium is better located.

Still voted Wembley though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The interior of the millennium is reminiscent of the New Den, all breeze blocks and concrete. Give me the WSU concourse any day of the week

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Millennium for me.... Wembley just doesn't seem to have any soul, and can anyone give me one single "memorable" event that has happened there yet? Something that people will remember in 20, 50 years time? It's nearly 10 years old for gods sakes, something decent should have happened by now!!!!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Millennium for me.... Wembley just doesn't seem to have any soul, and can anyone give me one single "memorable" event that has happened there yet? Something that people will remember in 20, 50 years time? It's nearly 10 years old for gods sakes, something decent should have happened by now!!!!!

Has Rod Stewart played there yet?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Ultimately I think the experience is down to 'pitch view element' of the stadium. The rake of the Millstad makes for a better atmosphere/experience for me. Facilities etc. are an important element but do not trump the in-game experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here