Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News - Where do you get it and what do you trust?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
On TV I rely on the BBC mostly, but increasingly look at Al Jazeera for an alternative view.I've virtualy given up on print, 5 years ago I bought both local and national papers, now i look at online editions of the Guardian And Telegraph. If it's an international story I''l check out the websites of the local press

I was wondering how peoples habits are changing and how they decide what sources they trust.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Day to day I barely read or watch any news (read anything major on here first!). I buy the Independent on Sunday and read it until the business section.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky News, occasionally BBC News, Question Time and This Week.

And if I want to find out what's happening in the region - specifically NOT Sussex - I watch South Today.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Where - NSC

Trust - absolutely none of it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On TV I rely on the BBC mostly, but increasingly look at Al Jazeera for an alternative view.I've virtualy given up on print, 5 years ago I bought both local and national papers, now i look at online editions of the Guardian And Telegraph. If it's an international story I''l check out the websites of the local press

I was wondering how peoples habits are changing and how they decide what sources they trust.
Al Jazeera is very good. They seem to deal with news - or more often conflicts - that the BBC do not go in depth into.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Normally try and watch bbc news at 6, don't buy any papers but look at our local rag a couple of times a week online.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Sun and the Mail which are bastions of truthful unbiased reporting ... oh and the Express for my weather check .

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003

I get all my information from YouTube videos and websites done by people who think the same way I do. That way I'm not brainwashed by alternative viewpoints.

Or being serious: pretty much exactly the same as you. Al Jazeera is very good. You probably read more local news websites than me though.

EDIT: And breaking news I quite often 'hear' first on NSC.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Reuters, BBC website, Guardian, Financial Times are my main sources. I've also started using Flipboard and Google News quite a bit. I'll occasionally read the Daily Telegraph to see their take on a given issue, but I do so reluctantly.

News on TV is terrible - the worst way to work out what's going on in the world. Al-Jazeera International is currently the best of a bad bunch.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
BBC website at work and I usually catch some of it on BBC1 at some point during the day.

I rarely buy newspapers but if I do I normally get the weekend edition of "i" which is great value for money and seems reasonably informative, on occasions I'll PLUMP for The Guardian or the full Independent. Oh and I ALWAYS buy The Telegraph at the airport because it makes buying a bottle of water cheaper :thumbsup:

I trust most of what I read, at least as opinions.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I access France 24 a lot. More euro-centred (unsurprisingly) than BBC. Also check in with CNN at some point most days

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
For international stories BBC is the first port of call quickly followed by Fox News (whatever they are saying you know the opposite is probably the correct way forward) and sometimes its just fun to throw stuff at your TV.

I dont really trust the BBC to give a full overview on domestic political issues so will look to multiple sources instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here