Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
rea-l229-2251378_478x359.jpg

Glen Rea has agreed a new deal until 2016
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
12:09 6th February 2015
by Paul Camillin
I was briefed on how the club have seen that development group. Certainly Glen was one who was brought to my attention"
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 captain Glen Rea has been rewarded for his ongoing progress this season with an improved and extended contract until 2016.Sussex-born Rea, who's been with Albion since he was ten years old, has been included in the first-team squad on occasions this season, and also won two caps for the Republic of Ireland at under-21 level in November - scoring against Russia in his second game.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Manager Chris Hughton, who named the 20-year-old on the bench for the recent FA Cup tie with Arsenal, said, "When I came into the club I knew the first-team players well, but the younger players not so well."I was briefed on how the club have seen that development group. Certainly Glen was one who was brought to my attention, but I wanted to assess first-hand and I like what I've seen from him.
"He's versatile. I've seen him play at centre-half and centre-midfield in the under-21 games. He is a mature lad and when he has come into the first-team group to train he certainly hasn't let himself down.
"He has done well enough and I've seen enough in him to want to secure his services for a little bit longer - and he deserves this contract extension."
Hughton added, "With the category one academy status comes a responsibility to bring through players. We have a fantastic facility and I think it will allow us to attract more young players."
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here