Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea contract extension to 2016

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Glen Rea has been rewarded for his ongoing progress this season with an improved and extended contract until 2016.good to see the club are looking after the future and well deserved

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/glen-rea-handed-extended-brighton-and-hove-albion-deal-2251325.aspx

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
:clap:

Well deserved, one of the most down to earth and dedicated footballers you're ever likely to meet. Firmly expect him to get minutes in any dead rubber games at the end of the season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

He will be pleased

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
:clap:

Well deserved, one of the most down to earth and dedicated footballers you're ever likely to meet. Firmly expect him to get minutes in any dead rubber games at the end of the season.

Looking forward to seeing him play. Another one off the DS production line :thumbsup:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Maybe it's just me, but a one year extension for a youth prospect hardly seems like a commitment.

More likely it's been done to stop Glenn listening to his agent in the next three months, who would of course be in his ear all day every day talking about grass-is-greener prospects.

If CH really had a firm view about the guy I'm pretty sure it would have been more than 12months.................

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but a one year extension for a youth prospect hardly seems like a commitment.

More likely it's been done to stop Glenn listening to his agent in the next three months, who would of course be in his ear all day every day talking about grass-is-greener prospects.

If CH really had a firm view about the guy I'm pretty sure it would have been more than 12months.................

I am kind of with you on this, if his current deal comes to an end this season ( end of June 2015 ), then it sounds like he is getting another year, not obviously a great outcome for an up and coming player.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
:(We have produced quite a few good centre backs, Dunk,El Abd,Cook,Hall, and another one at Bournemouth .Who is he?.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seems a sensible decision to me. Next season needs to be a breakthrough year really. He will be 21 at the start of the season, if he cannot get into the 1st team reckoning by the end of it, you would have to assume he isn't going to...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Good times.

Whilst it can be a bit hit and miss in terms of predicting the future, Rea turns our fairly decent in my current FM game, easily holding down a starting place in my Championship team in 2020.

Sadly, this is for Port Vale.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Looks promising from the games I've seen. Also fantastic to have a local lad coming though!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here