Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON: IT'S LIKE TWO NEW SIGNINGS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton says having Kazenga LuaLua and Dale Stephens back from injury feels like having two new signings in the squad.The Seagulls chief added three new faces, welcomed back the pair from injury, and hasn't ruled out adding another loan signing when the window reopens on Monday.
A wide player remains a target for Hughton, but he says the returning LuaLua - who he has yet to be able to select - already gives the squad an added wing threat.
"For me, having Kazenga coming back is like a new addition to the squad and so too is Dale Stephens in central midfield.
"We identified areas in the squad [for improvement] quite early and we were delighted to bring in Greg Halford; he can play in a few positions.
"To bring in Beram Kayal in a central position, where we felt that we needed extra, and Leon Best upfront, we're delighted with the work that we've done.
"If we could have brought in a natural wide player that’s also one that we would have looked at, but what we have got at the moment is Kazenga, having returned from injury."
"We'll continue to look [for a loan addition], but we'll only do any business that's right for us and for the right type of player.
"At the moment with the players that are coming back, we've got some good competition in the squad. We will only do any business if we really need to."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton previously worked with LuaLua as an under-21 player at Newcastle United, and has a good insight to his attributes, and sees him as an attacking threat and a natural wide man."He is an offensive player, but Brighton fans would probably have experienced more than what I saw in the period of time at Newcastle. I knew what he was able to do, but mainly I saw him in under-21 games.
"You've had the opportunity to see him over the seasons here, and know what he's like: a player that can change the game, because he has that type of ability.
"As he gets older you would want him to be more consistent and from everybody I've spoken to and everything I've seen, the signs are that he is starting to do that."
Hughton expects LuaLua to be involved in Saturday's game against Nottingham Forest, but admits it might come too soon for Stephens.
"We are delighted with where Dale is at the moment. He's injury free, he's very happy, with how he is physically. He's been involved in three games so far and he’s looked very, very good in the training. I don't expect him to be far away."
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h] SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h] SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h] TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here