Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady determined to have a long-term future at Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris O’Grady has targeted a long-term future at Albion and says failing is “not an option”.
Sheffield United wanted the centre-forward back after a loan spell before Christmas. O’Grady’s future remained uncertain until boss Chris Hughton declared last week that he was going nowhere.
Now O’Grady, poised to lead the attack again against Nottingham Forest at the Amex tomorrow, aims to see out the three-year contract he signed when the Seagulls bought him from Barnsley in the summer.
O’Grady told The Argus: “My family are here. We are settled. The kids are in school and happy. It’s definitely the target and the goal.
“I’ve succeeded at all the clubs I’ve been at in the past five years, which has led me to be here.
“I started in League Two and if you do fail at any club at any time then you are only going to go down.
“Failure is not really an option. You have to work as hard as possible to succeed.
“Even though the first half of the season didn’t go well, it would have been too easy to give up and just write it off as ‘this one didn’t really work out’.
“That’s a lesson that if you persevere with a situation it will eventually come good if you deserve it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here