Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia will be at the match tomorrow

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11775731.Look_who_is_coming_back_to_the_Amex/?ref=mr

It's not entirely clear from the article why though. It says he's weighing up staying here or going back to Barcelona but I'm not sure what else he could learn that he's not already aware of. Personally, I think he still regrets dumping us. It's a bit like having an argument with your drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend and then binning her only to rue that decision for the rest of your life. Sure he can always go off to manage Barcelona but lets face it - it'll never be the same as Brighton and Hove Albion though. Nothing beats that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wish he'd stayed and told TB to shove his recruitment policy up his arse and let him sign his own players. We would be in a much better place now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Be nice if they introduced him to the crowd. People have learned to appreciate him more retrospectively since the Sami debacle. Should get a fair old round of applause.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11775731.Look_who_is_coming_back_to_the_Amex/?ref=mr

It's not entirely clear from the article why though. It says he's weighing up staying here or going back to Barcelona but I'm not sure what else he could learn that he's not already aware of. Personally, I think he still regrets dumping us. It's a bit like having an argument with your drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend and then binning her only to rue that decision for the rest of your life. Sure he can always go off to manage Barcelona but lets face it - it'll never be the same as Brighton and Hove Albion though. Nothing beats that.

I reckon you typed away and as you read your words you kinda changed the ending of your post :)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Wish he'd stayed and told TB to shove his recruitment policy up his arse and let him sign his own players. We would be in a much better place now.

Really? The player we are told he wanted and we then got was a certain Mr Nzuzi Toko. And wasn't Spanish Dave 2 on his list as well? I also suspect that he would have expected a far larger pile of cash available to us at the time.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Which players did he want? I wasn't aware that was common knowledge?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I like Oscar Garcia.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
With his upside-down features, I am expecting a vast and joyful frown from our former leader. If he normal-facedly grins in my direction, i'll take it as an insult.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really? The player we are told he wanted and we then got was a certain Mr Nzuzi Toko. And wasn't Spanish Dave 2 on his list as well? I also suspect that he would have expected a far larger pile of cash available to us at the time.

You are swallowing club spin imo. TB tried to get him to stay and then stuck the knife in when he refused. Why would he try and get him to stay and then say the things he did about him? I would have thought he'd have been delighted to accept his resignation if he was as useless as it appears he was after he'd left.

Hughton is a much smarter version of Oscar - so let's move on

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Which players did he want? I wasn't aware that was common knowledge?

I'm sure he didn't want most of the ones he was lumbered with, no inside knowledge, just a guess given what happened with Poyet and Burke and then the players Hyppia had foisted on him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure he didn't want most of the ones he was lumbered with, no inside knowledge, just a guess given what happened with Poyet and Burke and then the players Hyppia had foisted on him.

The key thing that hampered Oscar was the expensively assembled squad that Gus put together that failed to get promoted. Once we missed out, with the FFP restrictions in place we had to cut back. He and the recruitment team were left with little room to manoeuvre

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You are swallowing club spin imo. TB tried to get him to stay and then stuck the knife in when he refused. Why would he try and get him to stay and then say the things he did about him? I would have thought he'd have been delighted to accept his resignation if he was as useless as it appears he was after he'd left.

What about the story that Oscar's phone was off on Transfer Deadline day? Or the story that he was presented with 2/3 Premier League experienced players that we could have signed, but he was not interested? More spin?

Oscar had never dealt in transfers. Why would he suddenly want to get heavily involved here? I think the issue with him and certainly with Gus was budget more than anything else.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Has TB stuck the knife into Hyypia or Burke since their departures? Did he stick the knife into Ken Brown or John Stephenson?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That doesn't make any sense, Oscar told TB that he was leaving after the January transfer window, but Toko joined us in May. Spanish Dave was brought in instead of Grabban and was probably on Burkes list. Oscar may have said we just need someone and agreed to Spanish Dave.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For me the biggest mistake of the Bloom reign has been not backing Oscar and then letting him walk. Big big shame we didn't get to see what he could do with a bit of support and a few less injuries.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Thing is, we've really no idea who he wanted when he was here and whether they were even slightly attainable in terms of finance or, as is often forgotten, interest.

He may have not been overly keen on who he got instead but if they're the closest alternative to what/who he wanted what choice is/was there? Just don't bother?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here