Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCourt could be the next summer departure?

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Asia - interesting. He could end up in India with the likes of Pennant. His departure could happen very quickly if we get a loaned right winger in on Tuesday although CH is understandably complementary about him.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Toko and now McCourt both summer signings, makes you wonder what other summer signings is CH not keen on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Paddy McCourt could be the next of Albion’s summer signings to leave the club.
The Northern Ireland international spent time in Asia during the transfer window trying to sort out his future.

McCourt, 31, is still with the Seagulls and manager Chris Hughton says he is still “very much part of the squad”.
The former Barnsley playmaker joined Albion in August on a one-year deal but has not started a game in the Championship. He made the last of his 13 appearances as a late substitute against Reading on Boxing Day at the Amex.
Hughton told The Argus: “He hasn’t been given the involvement that he would have liked, I think even pre my time coming here. So we have been very flexible with Paddy and it’s trying to determine the best thing to do for both parties.
“But he’s a player that is still very much part of the squad. He has an ability and if that saw him leaving in the window it would have been because it was good for both parties, more so him because he’s a good lad.
“He’s never been a problem and he's a good player but he hasn’t had the minutes that he would like. We are delighted for him to still be here in the squad and fighting for a place.”
Two of Albion’s summer signings, Nzuzi Toko and Adrian Colunga, departed last month. Toko cancelled his contract by mutual consent for a move to Turkey and Colunga has gone back to Spain on loan to Granada with a view to a permanent switch.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds like he is going and we are just waiting to get a winger in on a 93 day loan, sometime on or after Feb 10th.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Won't be missed, I couldn't quite understand the esteem some people on here held him in. A few tricks and flicks here and there, but no end product. Not the sort of luxury player we could afford in a relegation scrap.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Known in the game as 'Paddy the Myth' which sadly sums him up for me, great potential but never quite emulated what he's done in the past.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I remember this being reported on here during the window. Someone on here was ITK and pretty much confirmed he was off. So why didn't he leave?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm not sure if it has been observed before, but our signings last Summer were simply appalling...

Whoever was responsible is clearly incompetent and should be sacked.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Known in the game as 'Paddy the Myth' which sadly sums him up for me, great potential but never quite emulated what he's done in the past.

In truth..........never quite did it in the past.
Great to watch with the ball at his feet. Can't pick a pass.

Oct 25, 2003
Here you go: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?316704-Paddy-McCourt

Post three, confirmed by [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION]

I remember making the obvious SPL reference...

as far as I'm aware, it's been a done deal for a while...no idea why it's taken so long. Probably waiting for us to get a replacement. Maybe the thinking was that we'd get one permanently but that has now changed to a loanee. Maybe CH wants him around in case of injuries.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i am only gussing / guessing
but i think that was a form of irony / sarcasm from the great moshe ...
ps that the pitch at blackpool was shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here