Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Out of the dark and into the light

3 Not allowed!
    Just wondering how you all cope with dark times. Can't see anything at the moment for the blackness and while alcohol is no answer, it's all I have as a coping mechanism in the short term. Any advice gratefully received, and apologies for getting more serious than I should.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Most of us get it mate at some time or other.
      It aint nice and it aint easy to live with,but most of us eventually come out the other side.
      If it helps just a little bit I'm right there beside you tonight buddy.
      Stay strong!
      ˇHasta la victoria siempre!

0 Not allowed!
      They say light boxes help, there must be somewhere in Brighton you could try it. Although you may feel like a bit of a twerp, if it's affecting you, worth a try.
      Banned

1 Not allowed!
      One day at a time
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Try not to drink alone, you'll just get more down. Take some walks, some fresh air, even on a bracing day.

Write your thoughts down, nobody ever has to see them but in doing so it makes your thoughts more ordered, less jumbled

Don't beat yourself up, accept there will be bad days, we all have them and sometimes for no big reason. If you're having a bad'un then just hope tomorrow will be better.

Look for those little gems in life, like an Albion win. not big in the great theme of things but gives us all a lift.

And good luck. Remember there are more good than bad people out there.
      40 years of watching the Albion makes me an official Boring Old Git.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Try and do something good for someone else, ideally someone who can't do anything for you in return.

It'll leave them better off, make you feel good about yourself and keep you from dwelling on your own issues.

Wishing you all the best however you're feeling.

1 Not allowed!
      I've got a lumier light box, which helps. Its a nicer way to wake up in the morning than a normal alarm. Got mine off Amazon.

Even though its night and dark, if its clear look up at the moon and stars. Then remember that the Earth is supporting you and feel your place in the Universe.

0 Not allowed!
      I do it by talking mate, used to hold it all inside and it nearly broke me. Never underestimate the power of letting people know how you are feeling, if you fancy exchanging PM's im happy to be an ear buddy. Try and light up and scare away the dark sir

1 Not allowed!
      My advise would be to take a year off looking at the Internet, I promise you this action will go some way in cleansing your mind!
      We're going up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Goodwin. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Try not to drink alone, you'll just get more down. Take some walks, some fresh air, even on a bracing day.

Write your thoughts down, nobody ever has to see them but in doing so it makes your thoughts more ordered, less jumbled

Don't beat yourself up, accept there will be bad days, we all have them and sometimes for no big reason. If you're having a bad'un then just hope tomorrow will be better.

Look for those little gems in life, like an Albion win. not big in the great theme of things but gives us all a lift.

And good luck. Remember there are more good than bad people out there.
      I think this is good advice. I am always better out of the house than in when feeling down, so the advice about getting out and about is good. I know it's an effort but make sure you eat well, lots of fruit and veggies. Unsure about concentrating on the Albion wins currently! Take care and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
      We're going up, we're going to win the Cup, for Sussex by the Sea.