Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-050215-l229-2250780_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:43 5th February 2015
by Paul Camillin
There are very good staff already here, and I have brought in two people I think will complement what we already have here very well."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton says the appointments of Colin Calderwood and Ewan Chester will complement the club’s existing coaching and recruitment set up.Hughton has been impressed by what was already in place, from what he's seen in his first month in the job and feels the addition of two familiar faces provide him and the club with the ideal coaching and recruitment set-up.
He said, "They are appointments I wanted to make after I had assessed what was here; to make sure that the balance is right, which is really important. There are very good staff already here, and I have brought in two people I think will complement what we already have here very well.
"I know Colin very well; I've worked with him at the three clubs - Birmingham, Norwich and Tottenham. I've known him quite some time and he's somebody who has experience from different sides having been a reserve team coach at Spurs, then going into management and then assisting me.
"He has got that overall experience of all the divisions, and he has been with me in the Championship; he has managed at Northampton; he has managed in Scotland. He's a well-rounded coach and he has a nice ability to work and get on with players."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Calderwood has been appointed as Hughton's assistant, while Chester will join the club's recruitment team, and Hughton knows him well having worked with him at Birmingham and Norwich."The recruitment department here is excellent. I always try to bring in as much experience as I can and there are not many who are more experienced than Ewan.
"The analysis we have here is excellent, and what Ewan brings to that is a wealth of experience; of seeing players and watching games.
"He likes doing the hard graft - watching games wherever they are, be it on a cold Friday night, or several miles up north - and he brings that type of experience with him and he's been with some very good clubs."
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h]SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here