Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

G24 Contractual Parking Notice Advice

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just come in to find the above, does anyone know best actions to take here.

Was for 10 minutes waiting for the missus at her gym?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Idiot ! You pay unlawful invoices do you ?
[MENTION=1261]Northstander[/MENTION] - MSE is a good place to go. I'm one of the posters on there. I'll PM you later once at a PC. Don't pay it though.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am not one for not paying fines, I don't get what I have done wrong by parking in a gym to pick my missus up and they are stating I have to pay £100.00 which seems excessive. Based on what I read above, this appears to be a scam then?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
I am not one for not paying fines, I don't get what I have done wrong by parking in a gym to pick my missus up and they are stating I have to pay £100.00 which seems excessive. Based on what I read above, this appears to be a scam then?
Yes it is a scam and G24 are a bunch of crooks.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
There you go...westdene seagulls reckons you are an idiot!

Has he ever met you,? would he say that to your face?

Isn't the Internet a wonderful place

If he told me to my face that someone should pay one of these fake invoices then yes I'll more than happy to call him an idiot to his face. Still waiting to hear how a TA and a binman do similar jobs ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If he told me to my face that someone should pay one of these fake invoices then yes I'll more than happy to call him an idiot to his face. Still waiting to hear how a TA and a binman do similar jobs ?

You will have along wait then.

Looking forward to the day when you call me an idiot to my face when I chose to do something you
disagree with.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
You will have along wait then.

Looking forward to the day when you call me an idiot to my face when I chose to do something you
disagree with.

Blimey, you're touchy today. Still can't work out why you got so upset about me pointing out a TA role and a binman are not remotely similar ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Why is it a fake invoice, what makes it fake? The invoice is real, maybe in your opinion not a valid charge, but the invoice is real enough.

As granny intimated you take it all too serious, it wasn't a "real" comment to pay it, but i do unfortunately do pay illegal invoices from time to time, when a tradesman / tyre fitter /mechanic does a job for me for "cash" do you consider them all to be illegal invoices?
You have such a bee in your bonnet about parking issues it seems to consume you. The world is bigger than just worrying about parking attendants.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Why is it a fake invoice, what makes it fake? The invoice is real, maybe in your opinion not a valid charge, but the invoice is real enough.

As granny intimated you take it all too serious, it wasn't a "real" comment to pay it, but i do unfortunately do pay illegal invoices from time to time, when a tradesman / tyre fitter /mechanic does a job for me for "cash" do you consider them all to be illegal invoices?
You have such a bee in your bonnet about parking issues it seems to consume you. The world is bigger than just worrying about parking attendants.

It's a fake invoice because the company has no legal authority to issue it. Rarely do these companies even have the rights to charge but even when they do they can only legally charge for their losses. Take this example, there is no way G24 lost £100. They then take it further by making up fake loss accounts. Some even lie in court - Parking Eye being the main culprit. That is why these invoices are fake - they are no more real than me sending you an invoice for replying to you.

I didn't use the word illegal - they are unlawful. There's a big difference.

Why do I care so much ? Because I've assisted dozens of people with these - many have been stressed and had sleepless nights thinking these charges are genuine and that they are in some sort of trouble. I care about stopping people getting bullied and conned. It's my hobby to cost these parasitic companies as much money as possible.

Nice by the way, admitting you're a tax evader - well done what a nice honest chap you are.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
this was a car park outside a Gym, no car park attendant. I was there waiting for my missus to finish her session at the gym, they have photos of me entering the car park in my motor, stating clear signs showing private property....how does that work if it's outside the Gym?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
this was a car park outside a Gym, no car park attendant. I was there waiting for my missus to finish her session at the gym, they have photos of me entering the car park in my motor, stating clear signs showing private property....how does that work if it's outside the Gym?

This was done via ANPR most likely. I'm a bit surprised you got a ticket ( and I'll call it a ticket for ease - it isn't really ). Normally these tickets are issued for one of three reasons :

1. Your overstayed the maximum time allowed. In your case this seems rather unlikely !

2. It was permit holders only. If this was the case it usually takes boots on the ground to be able to check windscreens and as you were in the car you would hopefully have spotted some moronic rockape hardly able to pick his knuckles off the floor placing a ticket on your windscreen.

3. The vehicle has entered the car park twice within a specified period. So if the car park says no return within four hours and you dropped off the wife first and then went to collect her within four hours then you would have broken this 'rule'.

What does the ticket say it is for ? Which gym - name and address would be useful.

What should you do ?

Well to start with your wife should complain like hell to the gym manager. DEMAND it is cancelled or she'll find another gym at the end of her membership. Many places claim not to be able to cancel these things - 99% of the time they are lying. THEY have normally appointed the parking company so the parking company are THEIR agents. Therefore the gym are legally liable for the actions of their agents.

You should appeal to G24 - it will say on the ticket how to do this. Use that link to MSE you were given earlier and you'll find a sticky thread called 'Newbies' - use the template from there. G24 will most likely reject your appeal - don't worry about this.

G24 belong to a trade association called the IPC. The IPC is paid for by the parking companies. The IPC has to, by law, offer an 'independent' appeals service ( IAS ). Sadly it isn't independent and it's more of a kangaroo court. Almost impossible to get a result in favour of the driver.

The good thing about G24 is that they have NEVER done court. Having spoken to a number of their staff and to the MD via email I can see why - they are nothing short of thugs and bullies who probably don't have a GCSE between them. So if they reject your appeal just ignore them - IAS isn't worth the effort. You will get a few threatening letters from G24 and then their pet debt collectors but that is it. The only thing you HAVE to act on is genuine court papers - which you won't get.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's a fake invoice because the company has no legal authority to issue it. Rarely do these companies even have the rights to charge but even when they do they can only legally charge for their losses. Take this example, there is no way G24 lost £100. They then take it further by making up fake loss accounts. Some even lie in court - Parking Eye being the main culprit. That is why these invoices are fake - they are no more real than me sending you an invoice for replying to you.

I didn't use the word illegal - they are unlawful. There's a big difference.

Why do I care so much ? Because I've assisted dozens of people with these - many have been stressed and had sleepless nights thinking these charges are genuine and that they are in some sort of trouble. I care about stopping people getting bullied and conned. It's my hobby to cost these parasitic companies as much money as possible.

Nice by the way, admitting you're a tax evader - well done what a nice honest chap you are.

Whether they are a legal authority to issue it of not is not relevant, anyone of us can issue an invoice for any given reason, if the recipient choose to pay it or ignore it that a separate issue, that is nothing "fake" about anyone issuing an invoice.

Your are a weird one, how have i admitted to being a tax evader ??? If a service or a supplier offers me a discount for paying cash i am not evading paying tax, I'm paying what the "invoice" instructs me and what has been agreed, how the provider decides to distribute the total amount is out of my control and frankly none of my business.
You still didn't answer the question though rather just make an inaccurate statement.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Your are a weird one, how have i admitted to being a tax evader ??? If a service or a supplier offers me a discount for paying cash i am not evading paying tax, I'm paying what the "invoice" instructs me and what has been agreed, how the provider decides to distribute the total amount is out of my control and frankly none of my business.
You still didn't answer the question though rather just make an inaccurate statement.

How do you think the tradesman offers that discount and why ? Because they don't charge you the VAT and they can hide the income. So you've evaded paying VAT and they've broken the law by not charging it. Come on, you're really that naive are you ?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
I am not one for not paying fines,

I've just re-read this part of your post - you know it's not a fine don't you ? They have no legal standing to force you to pay.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Am really surprised westdene seagull is getting grief on here! Seems to be going out of his way to help people but getting a load of shit for it and picked up pedantically for his choice of words.

Hope op gets it sorted anyway. Sounds pretty shitty really :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here