Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think will still have an Albion contract next season ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or put another way, who is going to end up getting released.

Interesting scenario because we are going to have a rebuilding this summer and who knows how long it will take for the players to gel? If we only need 4 or 5 players, then fine but what if we end up with 7 or 8 new first team players.

Fascinating to see if we actually sign good players or if we go down the cheaper short term route of a team full of loan players.

I think we'll get shot of, amongst others, Calderon. Maksimenko, Ankergren, Chicksen, and we'll not re sign Joe Bennett on loan or full time. Maybe we will sign Halford and Best? Guess it depends on how they do over the rest of the season and if we are willing to pay them the going rate, we are not very good at hanging onto or signing loanees for more than a season.

So who do you reckon we'll keep and get rid of?

Will it be a massive clear out or just a bit of a tweak? Players on contracts or will the stars be loans? Will we sell our best players?

I suppose what I really want to know is whether TB is willing to fund another push or whether he is now ready to play the long game and wait for the academy to produce whilst trying to mark time in this division without having to keep throwing millions at the playing side. We should not complain too much if he is pulling in his belt, I probably will though :smile:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best maybe.
Calderon maybe.

The rest that are out of contract will all go in my opinion.

10 to come in, including 3-4 loans.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What I want is:
perhaps Fenelon and Monakana, Calde but only if he can accept that all he's going to play is c20 games a season.
Then I'd like to see us sign Joe Bennett, and Halford too. Maybe Best, depending on how he does this season.

What will happen is that the vast majority of those will not have their contracts renewed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think there maybe one or two surprise names who are still under contract put on the transfer list. My list of stonewall certainties for the chop are Agustein , CMS , Ankergren , Hughes and McCourt. Fringe players to go are Feneleon , Maksimenko and Monakana. Another 6 from the DS to add on too.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Extend: Calderon, Calderon, Bennett, Halford, Calderon.

Release: Ankergren, Agustien, Tex (no hope of signing him).

Depends how they finish the season: Hughes, CMS, Maxi, McCourt, Fenelon, Monakana, Best.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doesn't it depend on what League you're playing in....

I'm not sure about this.

I think all out of contract players, plus the 4 loans will be gone in the summer.

There is a chance we'll try and sign Best, Bennett and Halford but none of these are certain.

The one I'd really like to keep is Calderon, and perhaps you may be right that there is a marginally better chance of retaining him if we do go down. I fully believe though that we'll keep him anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm not sure about this.

I think all out of contract players, plus the 4 loans will be gone in the summer.

There is a chance we'll try and sign Best, Bennett and Halford but none of these are certain.

The one I'd really like to keep is Calderon, and perhaps you may be right that there is a marginally better chance of retaining him if we do go down. I fully believe though that we'll keep him anyway.
Palace fans always wants us to be relegated :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think CH will offer CMS a new contract probably on less wages. Most DS out of contract will be released along with Ankergren Agustein McCourt ,Hughes and possibly Fenelon. Think we may try to sign Joe Bennett.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to go very left field here and say I think Casper will get a new contract.

All decent clubs have 3 'keepers and Casper's replacement will clearly be coming in as third choice.

Why would the club bother with all that fuss when they can just re-employ CA in a player/backroom staff capacity.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is signing Tex that unrealistic? He's been at Liverpool for 3 years now with just 1 sub appearance. He has also just turned 22 and therefore now has to get into their 25 man squad for any chance of further action.

It's possible that a lower PL team might take him on; it's also possible that he might see us as a better bet for first team action and development.

I'd love it if we signed him early in the summer (and then put him on an intensive weight training programme).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going to go very left field here and say I think Casper will get a new contract.

All decent clubs have 3 'keepers and Casper's replacement will clearly be coming in as third choice.

Why would the club bother with all that fuss when they can just re-employ CA in a player/backroom staff capacity.

It really depends on wages it is possible an older experienced keeper could join as no 3 on a lower wage. Like Spurs have Frieddell.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Release from playing duties.

Kemy, Paddy, CMS, Calderon, Hughes

If there contracts are up I would also release Maxi,Fenelon, Monakana

That's 8 contracted players before I even really think about it or add in the loaners going back.

Quite a re-building job for CH, CC, and NJ

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It really depends on wages it is possible an older experienced keeper could join as no 3 on a lower wage. Like Spurs have Frieddell.

Calde ans Ankergren should be definites IMO.

I'd like to see us go for Bennett. Tex, as much as I would like to sign him, he simply will not happen.

The rest of the out of contract/loan players can go. We need to strengthen.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I agree with you.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Surprised so many people have said they'd sign Bennett. Think he's been less than spectacular during his time here. I agree we need a permanent leftback but personally think, or rather hope, we can do better than Bennett.

I'd keep: Calde, Casper and Fenelon (1 year contract to prove himself)
Get rid: Hughes, Maxi, Kemy, Paddy, CMS, Monakana
And send all loanees back to their parent clubs. We need a complete rebuild IMO.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is signing Tex that unrealistic? He's been at Liverpool for 3 years now with just 1 sub appearance. He has also just turned 22 and therefore now has to get into their 25 man squad for any chance of further action.

It's possible that a lower PL team might take him on; it's also possible that he might see us as a better bet for first team action and development.

I'd love it if we signed him early in the summer (and then put him on an intensive weight training programme).

I don't think it's unrealistic or, at least, I think it's realistic that he hasn't got a future at Liverpool. They've got several players that are similar than him that are both younger and -- unlike Tex -- with pace to burn. He's 22 now, and still hasn't made it there. While showing glimpses, he's hardly set the Championship on fire but, if used in the right formation, with the right players and in the right games, he could begin to engage in some pyrotechnics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here