Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kos

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think he's likely to be on the bench on Saturday.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Was there a few years ago but loved it.
Quite a small island and the people are great & very friendly.
You can get the local bus all over the island so easy to get to all the other little villages. Only trouble was all the seats were highly polished so we were sliding from one side to the other as it went round the corners! Might have changed since we were there, though.

If you go down to the harbour at Kos town, you can get boats to some of the other little islands such as Kalymnos which is a lovely place, and don't miss the boat trip to Nisyros,called the volcanic island because it's just that. A deserted volcano and you can walk right into the old crater and across the sulphur beds. It's a bit stinky but quite an experience.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
51R2ObMDmTL.jpg
She takes rather good boaty pictures, I have a few.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Went there on a 'lads holiday' a few years ago.

If you don't want to be around the party goes who do not get in until 8pm then stay away from Kardemena.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Was there a few years ago but loved it.
Quite a small island and the people are great & very friendly.
You can get the local bus all over the island so easy to get to all the other little villages. Only trouble was all the seats were highly polished so we were sliding from one side to the other as it went round the corners! Might have changed since we were there, though.

If you go down to the harbour at Kos town, you can get boats to some of the other little islands such as Kalymnos which is a lovely place, and don't miss the boat trip to Nisyros,called the volcanic island because it's just that. A deserted volcano and you can walk right into the old crater and across the sulphur beds. It's a bit stinky but quite an experience.

A few years? Try 25 [emoji23]

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
about 30 years ago on a football team lads holiday - from memory it was a great place for it

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I used to work the summers in Rhodes back in the day and a fair few Brits ended up in Kos prison which I hear wasn't the best experience. Reminds of a quote: Morning sex is great---Unless your in prison

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Went there 20 years ago and stayed about half an hours walk out of Kardamena. The Greek army were camped on the beach just down from our hotel so we couldn't get on to the beach there. Went on a trip to Nisyros which as stated above was fascinating ( and a bit smelly) as you can walk right down into the caldera of the volcano which they told us was expected to blow within the next seven years ( as far as I know it hasn't). Were I to go back again I may think about going to Kos Town which looks lovely. Trying to decide where to go this year and thinking of going back to Rhodes.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Went years ago with a couple of mates. Needed a week off on my return to recuperate. At the time it was approx 30p a pint.....How I survived that week I will never know.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Went there last year. Really nice place with lots of interesting places (Asclepion), quite a few boring ones (Honey Farm) and some great bars on the coast. Clubs are about the same here as anywhere else in summer, no complaints from me at all.

Except the lack of cider.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went to Kardamena with a mate on a late online deal a few years back. Only realised when we got to the the transfer coach that I'd accidentally booked us on an 18-30 holiday. Sake! Between us, we had a combined age into treble figures :facepalm: The hotel had an extensive tariff on the back of the bedroom door listing how much the fine was for destroying individual items inside the room, including the beds. On the plus side, we had the pool entirely to ourselves most days while our fellow 18-30ers slept off the night before.

Seem to recall there were some decent places to eat on the seafront. Fat Olive was brilliant! There was also a bar street where you could sit on a Saturday afternoon and - if you positioned yourself correctly - watch about three or four different Premier League games at the same time on different screens.

Also blooming hot!

Recommended.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
As a couple have already stated, go to Nisyros on a boat trip, the coach trip to the top of the volcano will scare the sh$t out of you but worth it.:eek:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Been a few time over the years. Kos Town is very nice, Cosmopolitan, lots of 'Gin Palaces' in the Marina. Went for a meal in one of the restaurants there and the Greek owner had just moved back from Chichester!! Tingaki, Marmari & Kefalos are all very nice if you want things a bit quieter. Kardamena is the place if you want hectic night life, although there are some good bars and clubs in Kos Town as well. Open top jeep is the best way to get around the island, which doesn't take that long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here