Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Sami had stayed another month

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If Sami Hypia had remained in charge for another month would January have passed by as quietly as it did.

During the last weeks of Hypia's reign the transfer window couldn't come soon enough.

Yet the only new player we have is Kayak.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If Sami Hypia had remained in charge for another month would January have passed by as quietly as it did.

During the last weeks of Hypia's reign the transfer window couldn't come soon enough.

Yet the only new player we have is Kayak.
I would be on prozac .

Oct 25, 2003
well burke would probably still be here as well so probably loads of panic buys/uninspiring loans like a defensive midfielder from tranmere, a 19 year old midget striker from middlesbrough and a 'goal machine' from the spanish 3rd division

prefer quality over quantity to be honest...and i prefer the manager to decide who he wants

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
well burke would probably still be here as well so probably loads of panic buys/uninspiring loans like a defensive midfielder from tranmere, a 19 year old midget striker from middlesbrough and a 'goal machine' from the spanish 3rd division

prefer quality over quantity to be honest...and i prefer the manager to decide who he wants
Adam Virgo mentioned the Roar that Hughton has far more control than Hyppia did, from top to bottom. This is what I want to hear, proper manager calling the shots.

Oct 25, 2003
Adam Virgo mentioned the Roar that Hughton has far more control than Hyppia did, from top to bottom. This is what I want to hear, proper manager calling the shots.

yep. ive got a feeling that sami's final action was convincing TB that Burke was useless and needed to go. I hope so anyway, Sami seemed like a decent and honest bloke and would have been fully aware that he was being given absolute dross by Burke and I'm sure he would've told TB that

i'm so glad Hughton has more power

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Going to be a bit tricky, we certainly lack class. Let's hope Kayak brings it. The Millwall game will be pivotal, both points-wise and psychologically. We need more goals.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
yep. ive got a feeling that sami's final action was convincing TB that Burke was useless and needed to go. I hope so anyway, Sami seemed like a decent and honest bloke and would have been fully aware that he was being given absolute dross by Burke and I'm sure he would've told TB that

i'm so glad Hughton has more power

So Hughton has used his power to sign Kayal & Best.To replace Bennett,Bent & Gardner.

Not exactly a recruitment drive is it.

Oct 25, 2003
So Hughton has used his power to sign Kayal & Best.To replace Bennett,Bent & Gardner.

of those 3 we'll only miss bent. we've got a returning lualua to replace a disappointing bennett and gardner was shit. what hughton has done is bring in ince and o'grady who struggled for playing time under sami and are both playing well- even baldock has been ok

maybe hughton thinks he can do alright with what he's got + a loan or two before a big overhaul in the summer when you get better value for money.

quite similar to poyets first season really

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Why do we want a recruitment drive?

Wise heads know that there are very few bargains to be made in January; most available players are usually overpriced or not good enough. Just be grateful we've got rid of some deadwood, retained the best loanees, bought a potential gem, have critical players returning from injury and now have a manager who can effectively organise the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if Bloom would still be trying to convince him to stay and Brber would still be saying we could have won every game this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
of those 3 we'll only miss bent. we've got a returning lualua to replace a disappointing bennett

Nope. We need a right winger as March is not quite ready to be first choice and though makeshift Calde offers reliability & passion, he lacks the pace and stamina the position requires. Lua Lua's weaknesses include consistency, football intelligence, team play and passing, all of which Bennett is good at; hopefully we'll get someone like him when the emergency loan window smashes open on Tuesday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Regular sub 15k crowds with the atmosphere of the Millwall game while we free wheel to relegation, what a thought.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here