petition that needs signing on behalf of Cystic Fibrosis

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Unbelievable. Done.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
All signed mate. Friends of ours have a daughter with CF. They are constantly fundraising for research into the disease.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not signed.

What makes sufferers of CS more important than sufferers of any of the other diseases? (Answer = nothing). Either have no prescription charges for anyone or the same prescription charges for everyone. i.e. how it is.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Cystic Fibrosis is a condition that affects over 10,000 people in the UK, patients consume a large amount of Antibiotics over there shortened lifespans. Cystic Fibrosis is only missing from the "exempt from prescription charges" list because when the list was written, no one over the age of 18 was alive with the condition. A shocking justification for harvesting cash of patients who have no control over the prescriptions they are issued. It is unfair that a lot of less serious conditions get all prescriptions for free, while CF sufferers cannot get vital drugs without a cost.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Anyway, which of these conditions do you describe as 'less serious'?

What kind of medical conditions entitle you to free NHS prescriptions throughout the UK?
The medical conditions listed below entitle you to free NHS prescriptions throughout the UK:
Permanent Fistula (including caecostomy, colostomy, laryngostomy, or ileostomy) requiring continuous surgical dressing or requiring an appliance
Forms of Hypoadrenalism (including Addison?¡¥s disease) for which specific substitution therapy is required
Diabetes Insipidus and other forms of hypopituitarism
Diabetes mellitus except when treatment is by diet alone
Hypoparathyroidism
Myasthenia Gravis
Myxoedema
Epilepsy requiring continuous anti-convulsive therapy
A continuing physical disability which prevents a patient from leaving a residence without the help of another person ¡§C temporary disabilities do not count even if they last for several months
​Cancers

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park

What kind of medical conditions entitle you to free NHS prescriptions throughout the UK?
The medical conditions listed below entitle you to free NHS prescriptions throughout the UK:
Permanent Fistula (including caecostomy, colostomy, laryngostomy, or ileostomy) requiring continuous surgical dressing or requiring an appliance
Forms of Hypoadrenalism (including Addison?¡¥s disease) for which specific substitution therapy is required
Hypoparathyroidism
Myasthenia Gravis
Myxoedema
A continuing physical disability which prevents a patient from leaving a residence without the help of another person ¡§C temporary disabilities do not count even if they last for several months
​Cancers

None, and cystic fibrosis should be added to the list, the cocktail of drugs my son along with other sufferers has to take daily to keep him alive, along with all the physio and breathing exercises is enpugh to break your heart. but also the bank. and of course as parents we would do whatever it takes to pay for it, but why not get the help that we should have.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not signed.

What makes sufferers of CS more important than sufferers of any of the other diseases? (Answer = nothing). Either have no prescription charges for anyone or the same prescription charges for everyone. i.e. how it is.

Even for you this is low. I guess you are not a parent? ****.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
None, and cystic fibrosis should be added to the list, the cocktail of drugs my son along with other sufferers has to take daily to keep him alive, along with all the physio and breathing exercises is enpugh to break your heart. but also the bank. and of course as parents we would do whatever it takes to pay for it, but why not get the help that we should have.

(That's not what the petition says)

That's all fine but where is the line drawn, who SHOULD be entitled to free prescriptions and who shouldn't? And why? And actually is £109 a year really that unreasonable? If you want to see all prescriptions be free of charge then be prepared for a big hit to the NHS bill, where's that money going to come from?

I'm not against your plight at all but this particular petition is a pretty blunt tool for bringing about any kind of useful change and isn't, contrary to what it says in the text, fair.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
(That's not what the petition says)

That's all fine but where is the line drawn, who SHOULD be entitled to free prescriptions and who shouldn't? And why? And actually is £109 a year really that unreasonable? If you want to see all prescriptions be free of charge then be prepared for a big hit to the NHS bill, where's that money going to come from?

I'm not against your plight at all but this particular petition is a pretty blunt tool for bringing about any kind of useful change and isn't, contrary to what it says in the text, fair.

ok, your view, thats fine. im not prepared to argue.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Hypoparathyroidism
Myasthenia Gravis
Myxoedema
​Cancers

What a pointless, ignorant, narrow minded post. The OP has stated he wishes for assistance in one on-line petition, which is something very close and personal to them. All you had to do is read the thread and with your views decide not to sign. Instead you attack him with your venomous replies not even taking into consideration their childs illness. Let's hope you don't ever find yourself asking for someones much needed help and getting the kind of abuse that you are handing out tonight. By the way, I think anyone with a long term illness / disease that needs medication should be given financial assistance to help cover the medical cost. It's just that in this case the OP has asked for help with people suffering with CF.

Oct 25, 2003
even if he wrote it in an insensitive manner I actually agree with Husty here. CF is horrible and I have a friend who I've been friends with since we were 4 or 5, he has CF and with a lot of determination is 28 and fairly healthy. I digress though, if you're going to give free meds to people with CF, why not sufferers of other diseases?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here