Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Johnson sacked at Yeovil

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it purely a coincidence a day after Calderwood is installed as assistant manager that Yeovil sack their manager ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Good luck, Nathan.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think it depends if Nathan feels he can learn and develop under CH because if he can he's a shoe in for the job of next manager of our club.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If he wants it I hope he gets it, I think he is better placed here, but you have to take your chances when they come.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be very sorry to see him go if he applies and gets it, but you can tell Jones wants to progress and that would be a good step for him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think it depends if Nathan feels he can learn and develop under CH because if he can he's a shoe in for the job of next manager of our club.

If he goes and does a good job at Yeovil he will be in an even better place but if he has a rocky ride it could screw a pretty much guaranteed future as the next manager at The Amex.
Difficult call for a man with ambition.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he goes and does a good job at Yeovil he will be in an even better place but if he has a rocky ride it could screw a pretty much guaranteed future as the next manager at The Amex.
Difficult call for a man with ambition.

Huh ? Thats a bit of a STRETCH isn't it ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]563012164261523456[/tweet]

[tweet]563008453506256897[/tweet]

[tweet]562997486764453889[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Got to apply hasn't he? Good luck to him, I would have been happy for him to have had a few more games as our manager as I think he may be the real deal.

Remember the raised eyebrows when he instantly recalled COG and put him into the match day squad. It may be thanks to NJ that COG is still here?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Do you think so?
I'd have thought that grooming a new manager in-house just as we are grooming the next generation of new players fits in pretty well with the apparent policies of the club. If Jones stays I think the idea is that the job is his when, inevitably, Hughton moves on at some point in the future.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Skiverton the early market leader with Sky Bet.

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 16.41.17.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

lol Yes it's a MASSIVE stretch! Unlike many others l do actually rate the guy, and l think he's time in management will come, but not yet awhile. He hasn't yet really had the time to prove himself.

Only the one season as Assistant Manager here remember, and even this season he is just 1st team coach,

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
lol Yes it's a MASSIVE stretch! Unlike many others l do actually rate the guy, and l think he's time in management will come, but not yet awhile. He hasn't yet really had the time to prove himself.

Only the one season as Assistant Manager here remember, and even this season he is just 1st team coach,

He was assistant manager at Yeovil for three years before becoming the U21 manager at Charlton.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Would hate to see you go Nathan but this seems to be the job made in heaven for you. Bloody good luck and thanks for everything should you take this route....but would prefer you stay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here