Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal cautious about instant impact for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Beram Kayal has warned it will take a few games before Albion see him at his best.
The Israeli midfielder is cautious about repeating the immediate impact he made on his debut in the under-21s yesterday at first team level.
Brought off the bench for the second half, he equalised in the closing stages against AFC Wimbledon and is in contention for Nottingham Forest's visit on Saturday.
Kayal is sure to be in the squad but watching manager Chris Hughton has to decide whether to start the 26-year-old or include him as a substitute.
Albion announced the £325,000 signing of Kayal from Celtic last month, subject to securing a work permit, visa and international clearance.
It took six days for all the paperwork to be completed and Kayal was not able to take a full part in training until last Friday.
He told The Argus: "I need a few games. My last game at Celtic was the end of November and after that I was out for two weeks with a groin injury.
"We had a training camp in Gran Canaria and I played my first games there.
"When I got back to Glasgow I knew I would be leaving, so it was another two or three weeks waiting until things happened.
"I'm training well and I've been doing extra but nothing can beat when you play games, so I need the fitness for games.
"I feel right within myself but I need a few games to be at my best.
"I don't know if I am going to start or to be part of the squad (against Forest). That's the gaffer's decision, of course.
"If the gaffer wants me to start I'm ready and I'll do the best for the team and my team-mates."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here