***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: THE FINAL***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
img_0602.jpg
Here it is folks, the final of WHC VIII. Forty of the worlds hardest creatures (plus a tabby cat, goat and seagull) entered way back in the early part of January. We've had group stages and three rounds of head to head battles to arrive here, the Animal Dome.

interior.jpg

Of those forty hard beasts(plus tabby cat, goat and seagull) only two remain. They've both been here before but only one knows the ecstasy of victory while the other knows nothing of this place but the bitterest misery. Will that continue or will the roles reverse? In 48 short hours we'll know the answer to that question for that is when the fighting will end and only one will climb the steps, lift the trophy and be crowned The Worlds Hardest Creature 2015.

Before the finalists are officially introduced, please stand for the official WHC anthem:

Now, lets meet the warriors:

Saltwater Croc
2427973306_promo212927577.jpeg

WHC Best Performance: Runner Up: 2007,2009,2013

Road to Animal Dome 2015
Semi final: Beat Honey Badger
Quarter Final: Beat Orca
2nd Round: Beat Blue Ringed Octopus
Group Stage: 2nd Group A

The Saltwater Croc has made it to the final the hard way, overcoming a two time finalist and former champion in the quarter finals before overcoming 'The Peoples Champion' in the semi finals. He's no stranger to the Animal Dome, this being his fourth trip here, but he'll be hoping he'll be able to take the final step for the first time. What does he have in his armoury to help him lift the trophy?

A dual threat: He can kill on land or in water.
Strength: he has the strongest bite per square inch of any animal alive. Its even more powerful than the estimated strength of a Tyrannosaurus Rex bite.
Speed: tremendous burst of speed when propelling themselves into an attack.
Killing Moves: The Death Roll. Once you're locked into a death roll there's no escape. The only creature to have its own named killing move.
Hardiness: Can survive with a missing limb or tail and still terrorise all around it.
Durability: Has outlasted the Dinosaurs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile

Vs

Hippo
0941bea7a26142c1adfa5387d3400711.jpg

WHC Best Performance: Winner: 2010

Road to Animal Dome 2015
Semi Final: Beat Wolverine
Quarter Final: Beat Tasmanian Devil
2ndRound: Beat Cassowary
Group Stage: 3rd Group C

After a slow start that saw him struggle through the group stage Hippo has gone from strength to strength throughout the knock out rounds, barely breaking sweat as he dispatched Wolverine in the semis. He should be in peak condition going into the final and will be confident of adding to his sole title won in 2010. What is he going to be hitting the croc with?

Size, strength and attitude, that's what. He's a huge, powerful beast that packs strength with his size. His main weapon in the fight though is his attitude. Irritable, unpredictable, aggressive, Hippo loves a fight. As a herbivore he doesn't need to fight to kill prey...he just fights for fun. He'll take on anyone....he lives in the same area as Africa's biggest and toughest apex predators but they give him a wide berth, only too aware that Hippo brings it...he will even attack passing boats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Team Hippo for me.

For Reginald Perrin.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The crocodile is the worthy winner here, despite having an easy semi-final draw against a KITTEN or something.

#TeamCroc

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Can't forgive the hippo for knocking out the cassowary. The croc has proved it's durability over the years, fighting it's way to it's fourth final. The last of the great dinosaurs deserves it's victory.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I urge all true Honey Badger supporters to refrain from voting in this shampetition as a protest about the underhand and devious tactics employed by people in positions of power on this site to ensure the unfair elimination of our glorious beast.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Is anyone going to vote now they haven't got honey badger to vote against?
I'm predicting a low turnout.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The hippo is a huge and impressive BEAST, make no mistake.

The croc is all that too, though, plus fast and downright NASTY.

Croc for me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A) Was supporting the Honey Badger. Have to acknowledge that it was vanquished by a worthy opponent. It can kill on land or in water. Has its own bespoke killing move. Bites harder than Luis Suárez and has survived a comet strike. Go on then. #TeamCroc for me.

B) A round of applause for Gary Nelson's Left Foot.

C) What's the half time show going to be?

I urge all true Honey Badger supporters to refrain from voting in this shampetition as a protest about the underhand and devious tactics employed by people in positions of power on this site to ensure the unfair elimination of our glorious beast.

Is anyone going to vote now they haven't got honey badger to vote against?
I'm predicting a low turnout.

I don't suppose you could take your sour grape, whinny, bitching back to the thread the fluffy one was beaten on could you?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I recently read quite an interesting account written in the late 70's about a particularly large specimen of Crocodile in Africa.

It effectively stalked a group of local children for days on end, only narrowly being deterred by other native animals that were in the vicinity each time. Eventually, and unfortunately, it was deemed such a threat that they had to humanely destroy it by getting an elephant to swing it round and round it's head and throw it into the Sun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here