Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walford Half Marathon

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone know who won? Caught some of the highlights but missed the finish, looked like a high quality, well attended event.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why was it held on a weekday yet still had such a great turnout?

(Alright so I was bored last night and wathed EastEnders)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did it start and finish at The Queen Vic as usual ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i love the way the athletes were at the start post, foot out, bent low and ready to get quick off the mark. And the speed they were running in the clips was like a 400m race - utter shambles of research from the beeb! Anyone who's done a half marathon will know how wrong that was!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
i love the way the athletes were at the start post, foot out, bent low and ready to get quick off the mark. And the speed they were running in the clips was like a 400m race - utter shambles of research from the beeb! Anyone who's done a half marathon will know how wrong that was!

It was an explosive start, I did wonder how they were going to keep that up for 13 more miles but the standard looked high.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I enjoyed watching the Beale boy (about 20, 6 foot, blonde) running at almost full chat rounding the last couple of bends to overtake a fun runner in a full birdie suit who had almost slowed to a walking pace.........which begs the question, just what had the Beale boy been doing for the last 13 miles?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I enjoyed watching the Beale boy (about 20, 6 foot, blonde) running at almost full chat rounding the last couple of bends to overtake a fun runner in a full birdie suit who had almost slowed to a walking pace.........which begs the question, just what had the Beale boy been doing for the last 13 miles?

The " course " was Albert Square so it was something like 52 times round and round, the fun runner was merely being lapped.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The Beale boy is shagging that Lauren bird, I doubt I'd have the stamina to complete a 100 yards in the same situation.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The " course " was Albert Square so it was something like 52 times round and round, the fun runner was merely being lapped.

65 laps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here