Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood up for the challenge with Albion - after his longest break from football [The A

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
3519271.jpg

Colin Calderwood, second from left, watches the under-21s with Chris Hughton at Lancing yesterday. Picture by Liz Finlayson

Colin*Calderwood has vowed to make the most of his time with Albion – after his longest break from football.
Boss Chris Hughton has appointed Calderwood as his assistant, reuniting their partnership at Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich.
Calderwood has been out of work since Norwich dismissed Hughton in April.
The 50-year-old Scot, who was also with Hughton at Spurs, told The Argus: “I would imagine the most I’ve been out is probably three weeks, certainly a month maximum. Within that period there are jobs that I have applied for and I’ve spoken to clubs at various levels and in various positions, from manager to under-21s.
“The most frustrating thing was not having the offers you thought you might have or the ability to say no to anyone, so that’s just a reminder that when you are in the job, although you must be aware of all the pressures that come with it, enjoy the time that you come to work and try to make the most of it.
“It’s probably grounded me a little bit, I must admit, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing.”
Calderwood has been added to the existing backroom staff, headed by coach Nathan Jones.
He began work yesterday alongside Hughton, watching run-outs for new signing Beram Kayal, fit-again Kazenga LuaLua and long-term absentee Dale Stephens in the under-21s.
Calderwood’s first game is at the Amex on Saturday against Nottingham Forest, the club he served briefly as a player then later guided to promotion from League One during a two-and-a-half-year spell as manager.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here