Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email from club: Free scarf for supporting the seagulls

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Imagine every season ticket holder given a free scarf. What a sight that would be at the AMEX, ring of fire, ring of blue and white.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
A lot of moaning about this on Twitter already, of the "But...but...but what about us season ticket holders?" variety.

Can't really see the issue myself. I don't mind them casting their line out there to try and attract new fans: isn't that what any effective business does? As a ST holder, I am no worse off now than I was before this offer came out, so it's hardly the slap in the face that some appear to be portraying it as.

IMHO of course.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I might just qualify the above with a cautious "if they try and encourage the absolute twunt who sat next to us for the Arsenal game to come back, ever again, then I'm cutting up my season ticket", by the way.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
What was it Blobby Williams said on signing his £50m Sony contract? "I'm rich! Rich beyond my wildest dreams!"

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I might just qualify the above with a cautious "if they try and encourage the absolute twunt who sat next to us for the Arsenal game to come back, ever again, then I'm cutting up my season ticket", by the way.

I'm pissed off by that comment, Edna,

I happen to know the bloke and his son that sat next to you and they're top guys.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't get the problem, season tickets get a big discount for buying up front. This is to encourage new fans who might become season ticket holders in the future, bit tragic some are moaning because they are not getting a scarf.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As a season ticket holder this offer doesn't bother me but the only way the club will sell more tickets is by dropping match day ticket prices as they are far too expensive and by investing in the team so we actually win some home matches.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I still have the scarf they gave away free to everyone at Withdean. Was it against Millwall. Is don't remember why but we all got a scarf that day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't get the problem, season tickets get a big discount for buying up front. This is to encourage new fans who might become season ticket holders in the future, bit tragic some are moaning because they are not getting a scarf.

Indeed. Much as I'd personally welcome a free scarf, tragic is an accurate description of those whining at the club and individual club employees on twitter.

The saving that each STH holder benefits from, for the ONE game, over the individual ticket, is roughly the cost of BUYING the scarf from the shop, anyway...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here