Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Salted Peanuts, ££££ or pence?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As I'm a 'chav' I found myself shopping in Asda yesterday.

I fancied some Salted Peanuts. I saw the KP ones at £3 per bag and then spotted ASDA Smart Price ones at 48p for the same size bag!

I took a HUGE gamble and purchased a bag of ASDA nuts. :D

Well, all I can say as I sit here munching them is if I was blindfolded I wouldn't be able to tell the difference :shrug:

Peanuts are Peanuts, are they not?

Any other Smart Price or Value tips out there?

Dec 29, 2011
Most value range stuff is fine. Aldi/Lidl are great, and Asda too. Apparently the UK spends the most amount of money on 'non-brand' food items in Europe. It seems a lot of us don't care about the name as we know in reality it all passes the same standards anyway.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
One word.

Ibuprofen.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Peanuts are Peanuts, are they not?

No no no. No, they're not all the same. Just like beer, which is all made from the same 4 ingredients, isn't all the same.

Some are drier, more salty and even staler than others. KP used to be the gold standard, much like Maccy D's fries were the gold standard. Regrettably, both have fallen off their pedestal woefully. Try as I do, I can no longer find the perfect salted peanut; or chip, for that matter.

On a more positive note, I have found the perfect crisp manufacturer: Pipers. *Nods*

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No no no. No, they're not all the same. Just like beer, which is all made from the same 4 ingredients, isn't all the same.

Some are drier, more salty and even staler than others. KP used to be the gold standard, Regrettably, both have fallen off their pedestal woefully. Try as I do, I can no longer find the perfect salted peanut; or chip, for that matter.

That probably explains why I would fail in a blindfold test to tell them apart!

Obviously you are a connoisseur and I bow to your love of the finer things in life. :)

Some are drier, more salty and even staler than others. KP used to be the gold standard, much like Maccy D's fries were the gold standard. Regrettably, both have fallen off their pedestal woefully. Try as I do, I can no longer find the perfect salted peanut; or chip, for that matter.

On a more positive note, I hVe found the perfect crisp manufacturer: Pipers. *Nods*

Another vote here for Pipers, their Chilli flavour ones are a guilty pleasure that I have to carefully hide from the Young Pottings as they are also big fans of these.

Lidl honey roast peanuts want a lot of beating, much of the own brand stuff we now get from them compete on taste not just price.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ooh. I've never heard of those; I'll have to do some digging around to find some. :thumbsup:

They are sold in various corner shops around town.
Unlike other companies who have reduced their salt/fat content to make them healthier, SP are like they should be.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They are sold in various corner shops around town.
Unlike other companies who have reduced their salt/fat content to make them healthier, SP are like they should be.

They sound perfect! I'll get some on Sat before the game. Ta.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You do know they are previously chocolate coated peanuts , which have been pre-sucked.

The reason for the low price is also that they are sent to China to have the chocolate to be sucked off (euch)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Smiths Bacon Fries are good with an ice cold beer, their Supermarket counterpart Frazzles the poor relation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here