Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood moves in at Brighton [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton has appointed former Scottish international Colin Calderwood as his assistant manager.
Calderwood was assistant to Hughton at Newcastle United, Birmingham City and Norwich City, having previously been in charge of Northampton Town and Nottingham Forest.
The club have confirmed several other backroom appointments namely Nathan Jones (first-team coach), Antti Niemi (goalkeeping coach), Joaquin Gomez (coach), Adam Brett (head of medical services) and Tom Barnden (fitness coach).
Houghton said: "It was always my intention to bring somebody in to work alongside myself and Nathan. What I wanted to do is give myself some time to get to know the staff here; not only the coaching staff but also the backroom team, before finalising that decision.
"I'm delighted Colin is coming in. He is someone I have worked with before, and I know him well, and we wanted to bring someone in of Colin's experience.
"I know that he will work well with the existing coaching staff at the club and I think he'll be a very good addition to the coaching team."
Calderwood's first game alongside Hughton in the Albion dugout will be against his former club Nottingham Forest at the Amex stadium on Saturday.
Hughton has overseen two league defeats and two wins since taking over from Sami Hyypia at the beginning of January.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here