Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bbc lose rights to show the open Championship

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BBC2 could show some pictures of open countryside for next to nothing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This should be ring fenced, but the government love Murdoc. What next Wimbledon, World Cup?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
This should be ring fenced, but the government love Murdoc. What next Wimbledon, World Cup?

I thought the open was a protected one, i know they had a review a couple of years back so i guess it was taken off, i think i read that bt sport are going to share Wimbledon with the beeb

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So no live golf any more , unless you pay for it . Surely it's time for the bbc to have a sports channel . We pay an awful lot for a tv license , yet we hardly have any live sport anymore on the BBC . Either that or abolish the license fee and if you want sport you can pay for it rather than paying for the PC rubbish which they put on the TV or churn out on the radio .
As for putting on the highlights , golf is one game you have to watch live or all you watch is golfers putting , which is boring . I love watching the open and have so since I was teenager , I used to have Sky and watch there coverage of golf , not bad but a lot of adverts .
What is the point of the BBC anymore , it does not give value for money , it has its own left winged agenda , i can't think of one programme I would stay in to watch on the BBC , I think it's time to let the BBC to finance itself now and see how it does

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So no live golf any more , unless you pay for it . Surely it's time for the bbc to have a sports channel . We pay an awful lot for a tv license , yet we hardly have any live sport anymore on the BBC .

You pay for live golf at the moment, as indeed you state.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Next on the hit list...World Cup Football followed by the Olympics

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Word is that the BBC have got the rights for the first ever world dogging championships, live from Epping forest, and will be showing it instead of the golf.
Presenters are Stan Collymore and Katie Price, no word on the pundits yet though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No more of this then from Aliss. Thank god.

'Ho Ho, well viewers, I need to mention if I may, Alfie McTavish. Alfie is 90 years young tomorrow but the old boy hasn't been down the 19th hole since he had his spleen removed last week. We are all wishing you well old fellow especially as there are women and darkies on the club waiting list. We need to keep them out of Sunningdale as long as possible so get well soon. Right. Rory has got this 6 footer for the open'

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So no live golf any more , unless you pay for it . Surely it's time for the bbc to have a sports channel . We pay an awful lot for a tv license , yet we hardly have any live sport anymore on the BBC . Either that or abolish the license fee and if you want sport you can pay for it rather than paying for the PC rubbish which they put on the TV or churn out on the radio .
As for putting on the highlights , golf is one game you have to watch live or all you watch is golfers putting , which is boring . I love watching the open and have so since I was teenager , I used to have Sky and watch there coverage of golf , not bad but a lot of adverts .
What is the point of the BBC anymore , it does not give value for money , it has its own left winged agenda , i can't think of one programme I would stay in to watch on the BBC , I think it's time to let the BBC to finance itself now and see how it does

Not sure that's true, the BBC still have the ladies open so top class golfing action will still be on free to air TV...........I am sure that will help dry the eyes of those crying at this excellent news.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No more of this then from Aliss. Thank god.

'Ho Ho, well viewers, I need to mention if I may, Alfie McTavish. Alfie is 90 years young tomorrow but the old boy hasn't been down the 19th hole since he had his spleen removed last week. We are all wishing you well old fellow especially as there are women and darkies on the club waiting list. We need to keep them out of Sunningdale as long as possible so get well soon. Right. Rory has got this 6 footer for the open'

Agree 100%

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I thought the open was a protected one, i know they had a review a couple of years back so i guess it was taken off, i think i read that bt sport are going to share Wimbledon with the beeb
The home Test matches were protected once too and look what happened to them. This is bad news for me as I'll get to watch next to none of my favourite sports anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here