Kayal Scores

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nice to hear.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Playing AFC Wimbledons under 21's before people start getting too carried away.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I dont think those moaning about transfer activity understand what a capture this is. Before his injury which he appears to be over all the big boys were sniffing around him.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I dont think those moaning about transfer activity understand what a capture this is. Before his injury which he appears to be over all the big boys were sniffing around him.

This.

He was touted as a signing for Man Utd, Arsenal et al before the injury. He's definitely a steal for us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Kayal replaced Kaz at Half time, Sham replaced Stephans after 60 mins, all came through the game ok.

Kayal scored a deflected free kick after 70 odd minutes.

Dec 29, 2011
This.

He was touted as a signing for Man Utd, Arsenal et al before the injury. He's definitely a steal for us.

To be fair a lot of our players have had that in the past. Maksimenko springs to mind as a player that was watched by Arsenal. Also Balmy who didn't even make it with us. The highlights video of Kayal was impressive but then so was Toko's, and we all know where that lead.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Stephens and Kaz pretty anonymous in a dreary first half.

Kayal a cut above. All over the place, always wanting the ball. 4 or 5 lovely through balls and a rocket of a free kick to score.

Au revoir JFC, je pense.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Kayal a cut above. All over the place, always wanting the ball. 4 or 5 lovely through balls and a rocket of a free kick to score.

Au revoir JFC, je pense.
We've been desperate for a player of this sort for all of our time back in the championship. Let's hope the early signs lead onto something special.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This sounds MINT.

Fingers crossed he doesn't go all Hoskins on us. If he doesn't, we're in for a TREAT in next season's promotion campaign. :drool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This sounds MINT.

Fingers crossed he doesn't go all Hoskins on us. If he doesn't, we're in for a TREAT in next season's promotion campaign. :drool:

FFS! :jester:

That is knee Sim at his absolute FINEST.

The guy has just had an encouraging 45 minutes against a League Two side's youth team!

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
S

smileyweb

This.

Looks like just the kind of midfielder we badly need. Always wanting to get on the ball, and move it *forward* quickly and positively.

I'm hoping he'll get at least half an hour on Saturday.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Needs to be viewed in context, which essentially is a very poor quality game between two squads comprised largely of young players.

The Albion were fairly ineffective for the entire first half (when Kayal was on the bench), and were being outplayed by Wimbledon, albeit without the visitors actually conjuring many chances. Once Kayal came on in the second half, he did what the game had been crying out for, and took control of the match, putting his foot on the ball, retaining it well, and playing some slide rule passes through their defence. Nobody else seemed capable of that.

Was also pleasing to witness him constantly talking to the younger players, encouraging them and telling them where they should be. Not all first team players take that attitude when thrust into a game which is, to a degree, beneath them, so it was good to see, especially for a new guy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As I tweeted yesterday, if we'd signed Kayal at about 10.30 last night instead of last week then everyone would've been spilling their yoghurt, and we wouldn't have had so much grizzling about the "predictable" lack of activity on deadline day.

Really looking forward to Saturday now, I hope we get to see him form the bench at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here