Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clearly Mr Naylor had a pretty dull day yesterday !!

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
So he had to make up a story that he immediately decided wasn't a story before he'd finished the first paragraph - oh dear how very sad !!

(I]"by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Albion have an expressed an interest in QPR winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, according to a source close to the player.

But The Argus understands a deal is not expected to happen"

It's still on the Argus page attracting web traffic - a bit of a con really . Take it down - it's nonsense !!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think everyone in the media had a pretty dull day yesterday to be fair. I had SSN on all day and it was getting embarrassing how they were trying to inject some excitement into what was a pretty dull day. They must have gone to the guy at Southampton about every 10 minutes because they had signed someone.

And in Mr Naylor's defence SSN were reporting that SWP had been given the options to join us on loan.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
I think everyone in the media had a pretty dull day yesterday to be fair. I had SSN on all day and it was getting embarrassing how they were trying to inject some excitement into what was a pretty dull day. They must have gone to the guy at Southampton about every 10 minutes because they had signed someone.

And in Mr Naylor's defence SSN were reporting that SWP had been given the options to join us on loan.

So were Talk Sport (Ian Abrahams on Twitter) and 5 Live (one of their reporters) so fair enough for AN to show that his sources were telling him different and nix the story both on Twitter (for free), and online (for free) . Which in the end proved to be correct compared to all the nonsense Twitter transfer accounts. Perfectly acceptable and reliable local football reporting from the Argus in this case.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So he had to make up a story that he immediately decided wasn't a story before he'd finished the first paragraph - oh dear how very sad !!

Albion have an expressed an interest in QPR winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, according to a source close to the player.

It's still on the Argus page attracting web traffic - a bit of a con really . Take it down - it's nonsense !!

I seriously don't think Andy Naylor can win with some people. If he didn't mention it, he'd be ridiculed for being 'frozen out' by the club, and yet he's reporting on what has supposedly going on (as mentioned by other media) and he STILL gets pelters! Can you prove that the club DIDN'T express an interest in SWP? In terms of BS transfer rumours he's lagging WAAAAAY behind some people on here.

I think it's more 'sad' to start a new thread on NSC about something you think is a made-up story :shrug:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Andy Naylor was the only correspondent who seemed to say that the Wright-Phillips deal was unlikely. Ultimately he was proved correct.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/117...ight_Phillips__deal_on_transfer_deadline_day/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Marquee loan signing once the window opens?

Marquee loan signing once the window opens?

f7a410ec65027ab7bceea0e080c0fae3.jpg

New pre turnstile bar?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
First to announce Calderwood as assistant just now...

He would have had the same embargoed press release as I did. It was embargoed until 2pm.

[tweet]562609703029850112[/tweet]

I can't be arsed with the tired old rush to tweet out club news the moment that media are allowed to do so any more. People are almost certainly following the club, Naylor and NSC so what is the point? People don't need the same news three times over, or even more if following BBC Sussex Sport, (the excellent) Johnny Cantor etc etc.

In the same way I see no point in, say, tweeting out the Albion starting line-ups at 2pm on a Saturday when the club have already done it. I also don't understand why Naylor does - how many people are following him but NOT following the official club account? Worse still, he doesn't even retweet it - he carefully copies and pastes the club's tweet and sends it as his own. I don't understand why someone would do that.

I found it interesting that AN retweet this earlier in the week:

[tweet]562200605255802880[/tweet]

Is 7m page views that impressive given the staff and reach of the Argus? With no staff and no budget, NSC had c6m page views over the same period.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Only a matter of time until NSC buys The Argus, to complete Bozza's Albion media empire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here