Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perhaps those of the car should obey the law before pointing the finger..

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
crush their cars
now there is a distraction

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So for you to be pointing the finger at them, does that mean you've never broken any law (inc highway code)?
What it means is, we haven't been round this pointless circle for a while.
I got a puncture yesterday and that made me grumpy.
Plus I'm back to work now anyway so toodles, smell you later. :wave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The WPC in the article is quite tidy. Wouldn't mind her taking down my particulars, etc, etc.

#nsctradition

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In all seriousness, these people deserve their penalties. It's such a stupid unnecessary thing to do. 95% of these people are playing with their phones for no other reason than they are bored.

The safety officer's advice, that you're best off just switching it off and leaving it out of reach, to avoid the temptation to have a look, at lights / in a queue, is much the best course of action.

D

Deleted member 22389

Really poor and dangerous drivers, no consideration for anybody else these days. Walking and Cycling like I do, you notice how crappy some of these drivers are.
Only the other day someone had parked right outside Subways. It would be OK if they didn't mount the pavement, and also on double yellows. If someone was using a wheelchair or pushing a baby they wouldn't be able to get through.

Is it really that hard to just park the van round the corner and walk 50 - 100 metres, are people seriously this lazy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really poor and dangerous drivers, no consideration for anybody else these days. Walking and Cycling like I do, you notice how crappy some of these drivers are.
Only the other day someone had parked right outside Subways. It would be OK if they didn't mount the pavement, and also on double yellows. If someone was using a wheelchair or pushing a baby they wouldn't be able to get through.

Is it really that hard to just park the van round the corner and walk 50 - 100 metres, are people seriously this lazy.

Driving, walking and cycling like i do ...i notice the majority of people are fine ...there are idiots in every category ..which tend to stand out from the norm.

Last edited:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If the police carried out same operation on cyclists and jay walkers probably same results would occur. Need to see all of the picture before condemning one group of people.
Yes, I would love the police to take action against the multitude of cyclists on the pavements of Eastbourne. And against those without lights, again, a multitude. And I often see cyclists on their phones too. I know it's hard to believe.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In all seriousness, these people deserve their penalties. It's such a stupid unnecessary thing to do. 95% of these people are playing with their phones for no other reason than they are bored.

The safety officer's advice, that you're best off just switching it off and leaving it out of reach, to avoid the temptation to have a look, at lights / in a queue, is much the best course of action.

I would love to see a campaign of "Drown them out & Shame them" If the driver of the car near you is using a mobile sound your horn until they get the message. (Trouble is, that it is also against the highway code)

It's reached epidemic proportions here and no enforcement at all :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There does seem to be an epidemic of poor or inconsiderate drivers over the last few years, not sure why.

Perhaps it's living in Hove, but the worst offenders seems to be women* in 4x4's or people carriers. They so often just don't have the driving skills to handle such large vehicles - perhaps it's time to introduce a separate license for them?

*Apologies for the apparent sexism, but 95% of the time when I see poor driving in a larger vehicle, a woman's the culprit

To redefine further, quite often the girls driving them are blonde, quite trim and 25-45 with two kids in the back. I often wonder how they manage to afford those 3L German 4x4's they drive as obviously they can only work part time ? Any ideas on what special talents these girls must possess ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here