Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

re Bournemouth

Trotty

Feb 22, 2012
If Bournemouth do get promoted is there a premier league rule regarding ground capacity.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Iirc there is as blackpool needed to expand when they were first promoted.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There are a shed load of premier league standards that they will fail. There's a Premier League Handbook which contains all sorts of standards which they will frantically need to try and meet over the summer - just at the time when they should be investing in players. That's why the Albion take a keen interest in this. If we can satisfy the criteria whilst in the championship, then when our chance does come we can ensure that during a summer break the efforts of the club are focused on getting the right players and not on fixing the floodlights.

http://m.premierleague.com/content/...handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
There's no "minimum" capacity however there are rules regarding facilities for press or something.

I'm sure however they would take measures to increase their capacity.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
There are a shed load of premier league standards that they will fail. There's a Premier League Handbook which contains all sorts of standards which they will frantically need to try and meet over the summer - just at the time when they should be investing in players. That's why the Albion take a keen interest in this. If we can satisfy the criteria whilst in the championship, then when our chance does come we can ensure that during a summer break the efforts of the club are focused on getting the right players and not on fixing the floodlights.

http://m.premierleague.com/content/...handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf

Albeit I much prefer the approach BHAFC have taken to trying to reach the premier league I don't think it really matters, it's not like Howie is going to be the one worrying about the stadium.

Yes it may use some of their playing budget but it's not going to cost that much to "comply" in the grand scheme of things. Also they won't be bound by ffp therefore they could happily use external investment.

Some would argue we've done it the wrong way round as we have the "costs" of a premier league football stadium with out premier league football. And this is what's holding us back. (I disagree in my opinion)

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I just looked at their capacity and it's the lowest in the Championship! Their sugar daddy must be giving them lots of money.

I don't know if this is right or not but I heard that stadiums have to have 12,000 seats minimum to be in the BPL, which is Bournemouth's capacity. But I assume they'll probably rebuild that temporary stand or something like that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Albeit I much prefer the approach BHAFC have taken to trying to reach the premier league I don't think it really matters, it's not like Howie is going to be the one worrying about the stadium.

Yes it may use some of their playing budget but it's not going to cost that much to "comply" in the grand scheme of things. Also they won't be bound by ffp therefore they could happily use external investment.

Some would argue we've done it the wrong way round as we have the "costs" of a premier league football stadium with out premier league football. And this is what's holding us back. (I disagree in my opinion)

I think it's a debatable point yes. Let's also take into account that the PL could withhold funds should they fail to comply and then that would have an affect on Bournemouth's ability to splash cash. Not that they would go mad. Hopefully they would be sane enough to just enjoy a season in the sun and come back down ready for another crack.

We all know TB's strategy is to build a club for the next ten years and not the next ten months. That makes things frustrating given our last two seasons. Nevertheless, in the long run, I'm sure we'd all rather be certain there was an Albion and that we weren't taking financial risks with some here today gone tomorrow chairman that promises the earth and delivers nothing.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
It will all end in tears , how can they sustain it without their current owner`s cash?
They won`t be attractive to future investors as they will always be a small town club.

You look at Chelsea now, if Abramovich left tomorrow people would be queuing up to invest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It will all end in tears , how can they sustain it without their current owner`s cash?
They won`t be attractive to future investors as they will always be a small town club.

You look at Chelsea now, if Abramovich left tomorrow people would be queuing up to invest.

They weren't when Ken Bates sold for £1. We have no idea how far the Bournemouth's Russian owner's ambition stretches. Look what TB did for the Albion in relation to a stadium and the crowds we have now. Why can't Bournemouth do it as well? Maybe he is willing to invest hundreds of millions if they can get to the Premier League.

We were equally as tin pot as Bournemouth, probably more so, for 20 years very recently.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
who cares, are we that desperate that we are trying to prove a far better team shouldn't be in the prem based on a technicality. They better than us and we need to get over it and improve ourselves.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

Where would we be without our current owners cash? In a lower league with a smaller ground than Bournemouth.

They've just got about it the opposite way to us, working on the team and the football to get to the prem. Then worry about the infrastructure then.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
They weren't when Ken Bates sold for £1. We have no idea how far the Bournemouth's Russian owner's ambition stretches. Look what TB did for the Albion in relation to a stadium and the crowds we have now. Why can't Bournemouth do it as well? Maybe he is willing to invest hundreds of millions if they can get to the Premier League.

We were equally as tin pot as Bournemouth, probably more so, for 20 years very recently.

Footballs a totally different animal to the time Ken Bates was in charge, plus Chelsea always had a decent history.

Yes you can compare Bournemouth to us, yes we were tinpot for a long time (in my mind we`ve always been bigger than them) but are they seriously going to be able to compete in the Premier League if they have to play by the book?

Anyway I think Boro and Derby will go up.
Norwich for the play offs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
There's no "minimum" capacity however there are rules regarding facilities for press or something.

I'm sure however they would take measures to increase their capacity.

i find it hard to understand why, given their investment, people would think that they might be caught unawares over premier league rules on facilities.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All it needs is a bit of cladding and some Sandtex.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

There is a history of high crowds at Brighton when we do well. Bournemouth do not have the same legacy.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
About the only rule they don't comply with is no undersoil heating. And Floodlight brightness, I guess. Apart from that they're good to go. Brentford aren't, of course, and that's why they're looking at a groundshare.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is a history of high crowds at Brighton when we do well. Bournemouth do not have the same legacy.

They probably would do with a bigger stadium and Premier League football. I don't like Bournemouth at all but you have to admit they really are doing rather well and at the moment there is not even a hint of an implosion.

As an example, Eddie Howe is happy and smiley and loving being the Bournemouth manager, can you even begin to imagine what Poyet would have been like if he'd ever got Brighton into the situation Bournemouth are in with over half the season gone? Chest beating, talk of managing a better team and generally being an embarrassment to the club would be my guess.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Another thread on Bournemouth? Really?

There is no minimum capacity for the Premiership. Their 12k is fine.
There are however many regulations regarding IT systems, Sky camera positions, safety standards, floodlight standards etc etc.

If Bournemouth have a bit of money to tweak things, it'll be no problem for them to make the changes required, none of them are wholesale.

Can we stop getting our knickers in a twist about our south coast neighbors? Having threads about them on a weekly basis makes us look very insecure.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I seem to recall that when we got promoted to the championship the first time at Withdean the ground had to be assessed for suitability should we have got promoted to the Premier League, and it passed subject to certain conditions, but capacity and the stands we're acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here