Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In Chris Hughton we trust

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Bloom has always said he doesn't like the January window. With little change in the squad he's stayed true to his word!

Clearly the board feel that we have the right squad to stay out of trouble. Sami couldn't manage it, but CH is trusted to get us out of trouble without much new blood,

I think he can do it, but with our upcoming home fixture list that's a real gamble....

Bloom has always said he doesn't like the January window. With little change in the squad he's stayed true to his word!

Clearly the board feel that we have the right squad to stay out of trouble. Sami couldn't manage it, but CH is trusted to get us out of trouble without much new blood,

I think he can do it, but with our upcoming home fixture list that's a real gamble....

Let's hope the gamble pays off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The squad is easily good enough to stay up, and we've added to it with 2 significant signings. If Saturday's game had been played on something resembling a football pitch we'd have probably won by a couple of goals rather than going into panic mode and totally forgotting that the same squad had won 3 out of the 4 previous league games

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would have been nice to make one final biggish signing on deadline day just to put a smile on our faces but hey ho. I'll be glad when this season is over though.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Totally agree about Saturday. The pitch was terrible and it was really cold. Not a day to judge the potential of the team for the rest of the season (apart from JFC who looked as though he didn't belong on the pitch)

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
The squad is easily good enough to stay up, and we've added to it with 2 significant signings. If Saturday's game had been played on something resembling a football pitch we'd have probably won by a couple of goals rather than going into panic mode and totally forgotting that the same squad had won 3 out of the 4 previous league games
who are the 2 significant signings then

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We don't really have any other choice now, do we?

I'd give us about a 65% chance of staying up right now. Better than 50/50 but not by much. Other clubs have started making their move and we are still too eratic with highly iffy home form. I reckon there are three worse clubs than us in this division but sadly not many more.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Totally agree about Saturday. The pitch was terrible and it was really cold. Not a day to judge the potential of the team for the rest of the season (apart from JFC who looked as though he didn't belong on the pitch)
we should of adapted to the pitch on saturday and we didnt so i blame the players

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I reckon there are three worse clubs than us in this division but sadly not many more.
How many more do we need? CH will keep us up; the squad is mid-tablish and we will pull away from the relegation scrap. Win some lose some, as a mid table squad will normally do. Won't be a great season, but it'll finish OK. No worries.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don't trust anyone who picks JFC.

That's the spirit! All our woes are down to one 20 year old. Don't you just love one liners from "fans" that fixate on one of the best players that have come out of our academy. No he isn't another Rooney or Owen so he isn't good enough for us. Sheesh, give me strength!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
That's the spirit! All our woes are down to one 20 year old. Don't you just love one liners from "fans" that fixate on one of the best players that have come out of our academy. No he isn't another Rooney or Owen so he isn't good enough for us. Sheesh, give me strength!
Should have moved for a new scapegoat during the window -- it's not safe going into a relegation scrap with only one player at that position.

He might come good, and then where would we be?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We don't really have any other choice now, do we?

I'd give us about a 65% chance of staying up right now. Better than 50/50 but not by much. Other clubs have started making their move and we are still too eratic with highly iffy home form. I reckon there are three worse clubs than us in this division but sadly not many more.

Well according to Oddschecker, Ladbrokes will give you 7 to 1 on us being relegated. If you really believe we are not much better than 50/50 to stay up, you might want to get on large !!!!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well according to Oddschecker, Ladbrokes will give you 7 to 1 on us being relegated. If you really believe we are not much better than 50/50 to stay up, you might want to get on large !!!!!

I've never been a betting man. This goes some way to explaining why :lol:

So I have given us a 35% chance of relegation and they have given us 12.5%. I am perfectly happy to give way to the experts on this one.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I put a small bet on relegation at 14 -1 at the start of the season. I didn't like the look of the team at that stage and feared the worst. I'm actually more optimistic now

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I remember the powers that be were promising major transfer movements come the next window.
I may have misunderstood.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I remember the powers that be were promising major transfer movements come the next window.
I may have misunderstood.

No, you didn,t. Its just that the Board meant Hyypia and Buirke. ( who both went 2-3 weeks earlier than planned )

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
we should of adapted to the pitch on saturday and we didnt so i blame the players

We adapted by playing route 1 football to COG - it's a style of play that we're too small and lightweight to be effective at. Fortunately the pitches in this division (and several divisions below) are set up to allow technical teams to succeed. I think I'd stop going if we had to play that way on terrible pitches every week.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here