Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: SEMI FINAL ONE***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Poo the BED! It's semi final time of WHC VIII. For the love of GOD, or if you don't believe, for the love of the INTEGRITY of WHC, THINK before you vote. There's a place at the Animal Dome at stake. And if you're competing in the Animal Dome it means one thing and one thing only, you're in the final. That's what these two magnificent beasts are fighting for. A place in the final of WHC VIII. They've come too far for you to **** it up now by not fully appreciating all of their talent. So, please, please, please think before voting. You have 24 hours to vote in so take some of them to mull over your decision. Photo's and video's are not only encouraged, they are nigh on mandatory at this stage of the tournament. If you want your beast to progress....show the world!

So without further preamble, the semi finalists:

Wolverine
m3wolverine5.jpg

Group Stage: 1st Group A
2nd Round: Beat Mongoose
Quarter Final: Beat Seagull

Wolverine is enjoying what he'll be hoping is his breakout season. Always a game competitor he's never enjoyed the full support of the WHC voting public. That seems to be changing this season as he topped a tough Group A and sauntered through the two knock out rounds to date. The next 24 hours will prove to be a much tougher period than any he's experienced so far in the tournament, but if the potentially career defining bombshell that he dropped in the Quarters is confirmed then he, and we, should get used to seeing him at this stage of the tournament.

What was the bomb that he detonated in the last round? Oh, nothing major...just that there were unconfirmed(by picture/video) reports that he'd once dropped a Polar Bear. As there is no confirmable evidence of this its up to you to decide whether its myth making hearsay or fact that the little fella once killed A Polar.

Regardless of which way you decide on the Polar story, Wolverine packs enough for him to be considered a real threat. Small and muscular with razor sharp teeth and claws it has a strength disproportionate to its diminutive size and is famed for its ferocity, defending its kills against much larger animals such as wolves and bears. Is it enough to see off a former Champion and reserve its spot in the Final? Lets find out...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine

Vs

Hippo
0941bea7a26142c1adfa5387d3400711.jpg

Group Stage: 3rd Group C
2nd round: Beat Cassowary
Quarter Final: Beat Tasmanian Devil

Hippo had a slow start but as grown into WHC VIII as the tournament has progressed. For a while it looked like he might not even make it out of the group stage. He did and since then he's made short work of his opponents, cruising past the Cassowary and Tasmanian Devil in the knock out rounds. He's back in the semi finals of a WHC contest and is desperate to repeat is heroics of 2010 when he went home winning the whole damn tournament.

So what is he bringing to this semi final? Apart from his considerable strength he brings raw attitude. He is a highly irritable, aggressive and unpredictable beast. His aggression is born of an innate rage-as a herbivore(occasionally eating some carrion) he doesn't need to fight for food- he just fancies a fight. His giant incisor and canine teeth are not there for food...they've evolved purely for the act of fighting. So aggressive and strong is he that he can live in the same areas as Africa's largest and most dangerous apex predators and not have to worry about becoming their prey. They keep a wary distance as they know the danger he presents. He also possesses a threat to any boats in the vicinity as he will often attack them, just for the craic.

Does he have enough about him to see himself through to the WHC VIII final? NSC, its over to you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Deserves to have a title to his name but I am counting his vast size against him. Sorry hippo, I've gone with the other guy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't particularly care for either animal and I still feel let down and slightly angry after the Mighty Mouse was cast aside.
That being said, I've voted for the Hippo.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hippo. Any animal that attackes 'just for the craic' has got to be hard.

Wolverine is just too cute.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The wolverine, a solitary animal,[1] has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself.

They may defend kills against larger or more numerous predators such as wolves or bears.[15] At least one account reported a wolverine's apparent attempt to steal a kill from a black bear, although the bear won what was ultimately a fatal contest.[16] In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated

Tell your friends- the Wolverine needs you!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For me this tie rests on the Wolverine's claim to have killed a Polar Bear. If it can be proven true then I'm team Wolverine all the way. If it isn't then the Hippos wantonly aggressive nature takes it.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Only evidence from the Polargate is from 1944 and The University of Alaska, so nothing substantive, the Hippo wins this for me.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
For me this tie rests on the Wolverine's claim to have killed a Polar Bear. If it can be proven true then I'm team Wolverine all the way. If it isn't then the Hippos wantonly aggressive nature takes it.

To quote Wiki (obviously not the font of all knowledge):

"In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated"

The references for this come from:
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...ar+bear+&hl=en#v=snippet&q=polar bear&f=false

http://www.abebooks.com/Man-Beast-True-Tales-Observations-Animal/4937327901/bd

The Polar Bear was in a Zoo, probably been hand reared so soft as shite.

That said, I don't care. This years competition will be forever tainted and remembered for a Seagull, a bloody Seagull.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Been a supporter of the Wolverine previously but the Hippo outclasses him here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have been flim-flamming and indeed flip-flopping. Do I buy the Polar Bear story? Yes. And No. And I don't know.

*flips coin again*

#teamhippo

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
40 minutes left. Wolverine needs a miracle. It looks like the Hippo is going to the Dome for the second time in his career. Is he a few days away from joining the Polar Bear as a multiple winner? History is beckoning...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, its all over and if we're honest it wasn't much of a contest. Hippo strolls into the Animal Dome for his first final appearance since WHC III in 2010.

Hard luck to Wolverine who had a decent tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here