Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missy Elliott Superbowl Half Time Show

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Overall the half time show was pretty terrible IMO, but it left me pondering... How the hell has Missy Elliott become so famous?!? She can't sing, She isnt attractive in the slightest, she is out of shape and insists on wearing far too much jewellery and stupid tracksuits and then to add insult to injury she doesn't even sing or rap her songs she just goes AWWWRH or says the last word of each line and does some weird elbowy shuffle with the microphone and makes silly faces... Could someone please enlighten me?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Overall the half time show was pretty terrible IMO, but it left me pondering... How the hell has Missy Elliott become so famous?!? She can't sing, She isnt attractive in the slightest, she is out of shape and insists on wearing far too much jewellery and stupid tracksuits and then to add insult to injury she doesn't even sing or rap her songs she just goes AWWWRH or says the last word of each line and does some weird elbowy shuffle with the microphone and makes silly faces... Could someone please enlighten me?

Was it a bit too loud for you as well grandad?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Not at all, and it's not a case of being out of touch... Highlight to me what is good about her and I will take it back but saying too loud for you grandad isn't really value adding now is it

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The real star of the show was the shark that couldn't remember the routine and just flailed

7CZby9V.gif

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not at all, and it's not a case of being out of touch... Highlight to me what is good about her and I will take it back but saying too loud for you grandad isn't really value adding now is it

I can't speak about her performance last night which I didn't watch and may have been terrible but she has won 5 grammy awards and sold over 30 million records in America alone with 6 platinum albums*. I only know her because I was into hip hop during the 90's and she had quite a few hits (Supa Fly and Get Your Freak on etc) and worked a lot of Busta Rhymes and Flip Mode Squad. She is know for being quite eccentric in her vocal delivery.

*see Wikipedia

Whether you enjoy her music or not is another matter but she's pretty 'big' (in all respects).

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I can't speak about her performance last night which I didn't watch and may have been terrible but she has won 5 grammy awards and sold over 30 million records in America alone with 6 platinum albums*. I only know her because I was into hip hop during the 90's and she had quite a few hits (Supa Fly and Get Your Freak on etc) and worked a lot of Busta Rhymes and Flip Mode Squad. She is know for being quite eccentric in her vocal delivery.

*see Wikipedia

Whether you enjoy her music or not is another matter but she's pretty 'big' (in all respects).

Agree, very 'valid' artist.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just watched it. Ive seen worse.If you dont like hiphop, you wont like it. If you do, you probably will like it.
Who would you have preferred given a choice?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
She can't sing, She isnt attractive in the slightest, she is out of shape

I take your point, but, equally, those same deficiencies don't appear to be hampering Sir Paul McCartney's career lately, so...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why people even start watching the superbowl is beyond me. Let alone watch a whole half.

I'm sorry you're too ignorant to understand that other people like things you don't, I hope you find the help you need soon :lolol:

The HT show was the best I've seen in the 3 years I've watched it for, either it says something about Beyonce and Bruno Mars or it's a plus point for KP. Either way I thought it was alright.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thought it was the best halftime show in years. Completely OTT, ridiculous and fun. Perry's pop was a perfect bit of musical fluff to liven up the break and she performed well. Enjoyed Missy Elliot's cameo, which was basically inserted to make room for the last costume change and firework set up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
she became famous for basically being a woman in a massively male dominated scene. i think you only have to right attitude/look, or know the right producer to make it in that world.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I'm sorry you're too ignorant to understand that other people like things you don't, I hope you find the help you need soon :lolol:

The HT show was the best I've seen in the 3 years I've watched it for, either it says something about Beyonce and Bruno Mars or it's a plus point for KP. Either way I thought it was alright.

Each to their own but they call it Football and the majority of the game is played using hands? Sums it up really.

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
I'm not a massive fan of the artists that did perform but the production to put it all together was something else, a proper show, beat what FIFA did at the Brazil World Cup with Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull by 100 lengths!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Each to their own but they call it Football and the majority of the game is played using hands? Sums it up really.

American Football to me is a fantastic sport, human chess on a grand scale with so many permeatations on every single play, whereas rugby I find utterly basic, one dimensional and dull and it offers me nothing as a spectator sport. Each to their own.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

:facepalm: why don't you do some research on the origins of the word before making myopic sweeping statements. After all you do have a world of information at your finger tips.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I watched it cos I'm over here. Enjoyed it, thought HT show was good. Unbelievable call by Seattle to give the Superbowl away when it was theirs for the taking.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
:facepalm: why don't you do some research on the origins of the word before making myopic sweeping statements. After all you do have a world of information at your finger tips.

I am well aware that it is called Football due to the ball being a foot long. Which not many people know. Good to know someone bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here