Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth Finances

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
SSN saying they have had a £5m bid rejected from B'ham for one of their players, how can they afford this, where is the money coming from, are they adhering to FFP or are they gambling to reach the prem this season??!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
An average attendance of 10,000. We usually double that on a bad day.

There is absolutely no way they are adhering to FFP. They're essentially cheating - I hope it all goes tits up for them for that reason.

Didn't they adhere to the last round of FFP?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To be fair to them, it's entirely possible that they're not going to ever be in a better position to push for Premier League Football. It's now or never. It is a huge gamble, but one I can actually sympathise with them for taking.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fees totaling around 8-9m in this summer for the sale of Grabban and the sell-on fee from Southampton for the Lallana transfer will help. If they managed to pass FFP tests for last season, this year should be easy.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They pay top salaries too, but have a Russian sugar daddy. In fairness they have recruited well by getting the best players from League 1 and then managed well by developing those players into quality Championship players. + they got £6m or something from the Llana sell-on. Good luck to them.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
To be fair to them, it's entirely possible that they're not going to ever be in a better position to push for Premier League Football. It's now or never. It is a huge gamble, but one I can actually sympathise with them for taking.

This - it's potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity for them to completely revolutionise the club financially. A qualified gamble given the position they are in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If this is true - then what's our excuse for not reinvesting in the squad, seeing as we sold key players for more than £10m last summer too. Additionally, we have more than twice their attendances.

IIRC Bournemouth were losing £15m a year a couple of years ago, which was slightly more than we were at that time. None of it makes sense, they're either cheating or simply a better run club than us - I doubt it's the latter.

Our annual losses of £10m seem like a reasonable reason for not spending every penny of the incoming transfer fees.

They can 'cheat' the FFP rules all they want, but the money still has to come from someone's pocket, and if they've got a chairman who's prepared to throw money at it for fun, then good luck to them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They can't afford the gamble of not being promoted like we did last season. They are the best run football club in the Championship and don't make mistakes like Kemy.
Can't afford not being promoted but yet are the best run? Those statements fly in the face of each other.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They can't afford the gamble of not being promoted like we did last season. They are the best run football club in the Championship and don't make mistakes like Kemy.

It's not rocket science either, they presumably buy the type of player that the manager wants rather than let someone who has never managed or played at a decent level make the decisions whilst being overseen by non football fan bean counters.

Whilst Burke was here we were told this approach was to ensure continuity and make changing manager seamless. Well that turned out to be very well thought out but destined to failure , with lots of fall out as witnessed at this club since the Poyet chaos. What happens on the pitch needs to be dictated by football people, I hope it's a lesson well learnt.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
If this is true - then what's our excuse for not reinvesting in the squad, seeing as we sold key players for more than £10m last summer too. Additionally, we have more than twice their attendances.

IIRC Bournemouth were losing £15m a year a couple of years ago, which was slightly more than we were at that time. None of it makes sense, they're either cheating or simply a better run club than us - I doubt it's the latter.

Jesus stop being so bitter. You keep referring to our attendances like it's the be all and end all for football finances. Perhaps running a state of the art stadium is more costly than the running cost of Dean Court and the extra revenue from attendances is cancelled out? I seem to remember we hemorrhaged money in our first season due to our stadium. Just admit they've got a good manager who has done wonders with his group of players and accept Bournemouth are the better club right now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Of course. I'd expect that BHA would be doing the same sort of thing too and we'd all be applauding it as well!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what have they spent? what are their costs? who are the expensive players on big salaries. seems to me they hit a happy coincidence of a useful squad with a good manager who can get results. i wouldn't sell any of the players, doesn't look like they need to.

D

Deleted member 22389

Forget them, because we already have our dream. A top stadium and training ground, a club being run properly. Get the results right and the only way is up, and staying up.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Good luck to them my ****ing arse. Never liked the ***** and as soon as they are back in the lower leagues the better. If they do go up then at least we won't have to go to Dean Court next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here