Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-010215-l229-2241627_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: PSI/Stuart Butcher

PUBLISHED
20:20 1st February 2015
by James Hilsum
I did warn the girls that you just can’t make mistakes against teams like this because you get punished and unfortunately that proved to be the case."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs admitted that aspects of his side’s performance could have been better as they were edged out of the FA Cup at the hands of Women’s Super League Two team Watford.Albion suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to a team playing one tier above them in the women’s football pyramid, with all three goals coming in the second half, but Marrs felt his side were to blame for their own downfall.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We made two errors that cost us the game.
“I did warn the girls that you just can’t make mistakes against teams like this because you get punished and unfortunately that proved to be the case.
“I said at half-time the first goal is the most important one and to make sure we get it, and then we conceded a stupid goal at the start of the second half.
“But we continued knocking on the door and managed to get a good goal from Sophie [Perry] and then five minutes later we’ve made another error and they’ve scored again.
“Having said that, I thought that the attitude and the work-rate of the players was relentless throughout the 90 minutes and they continued to work hard, giving me everything they had.
“In that respect I can’t really complain too much, but it’s shame we couldn’t stamp our authority on the game with a bit more quality.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Marrs then went on to praise the fans who travelled up to Hertfordshire to support the side, with players from Albion’s development squad and their families also making the journey north.“There was some fantastic support for us today; we had all the development squad, their parents and a number of fans here as well. I’d just like to thank them for that and hopefully they’ll come back and keep pushing us upwards.
“You saw at the end what it meant to the players as they came over and applauded them at the end of the match. When you have that support, it just edges you on to give that extra five to ten per cent which is sometimes needed.
“Hopefully we can take that vociferous backing to our home ground now in the coming weeks."
[h=3]ALBION V NOTTINGHAM FOREST
[/h] SATURDAY 7Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h] SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h] TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here