Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why shouldn't I vote for the Tories?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My adult life began i guess in 1995 when I left school. Things seemed to be good at the time, I remember my parents seemed fairly well off, not rich but not poor. Then Labour won the election in '97 and led us to an illigal war in Iraq and a few years later the financial crisis hit, it basically ruined my life. Now, things seem better? Wages going up (not mine) unemployment low, the economy growing? I'm not pretending to know too much about politics but can't see how voting against the Tories will solve anything?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
..because you're not a part of the richest 1% in the country that the Tories look out for?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Because at a time of massive public austerity their stated policy is to spend £7 billion on tax cuts. Which is insane.

My adult life began i guess in 1995 when I left school. Things seemed to be good at the time, I remember my parents seemed fairly well off, not rich but not poor. Then Labour won the election in '97 and led us to an illigal war in Iraq and a few years later the financial crisis hit, it basically ruined my life. Now, things seem better? Wages going up (not mine) unemployment low, the economy growing? I'm not pretending to know too much about politics but can't see how voting against the Tories will solve anything?

Think the best outcome would be another Conservative/Lib coalition. The thought of goofy Milliband & his cronies in 10 Downing St scares me. Like Kinnock he is unelectable. Labour can't be trusted on the economy & I cannot see how they would do any better than what we have

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:)!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    959.7 KB · Views: 1,179

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
This has the feeling of the 'whatever have the romans done for us' type of thread.

Anyhow i give to you the 'Privatisation of the NHS'.

I know this is a legit reason because it said as much on a red flyer that came through my door recently...

Oct 25, 2003
To be fair there is barely any difference between Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dems. They are all part of the privately educated clique who only got where they are due to being born into privilege. We really do need some new parties to emerge. And, no, I don't mean UKIP or the Greens.

completly agree. I really want to vote this year but literally none of the options appeal to me unless there's a decent independant

we definitely need some more options

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Labour have left this country in a mess twice since i have been able to vote. They also made a pigs ear of it when i was to young to vote.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Seems you are holding a grudge against Labour for a global crisis that the Tories wouldn't have prevented.

The Labour Party launched an attack on the chief executive of high street chemists Boots today. after he claimed it would be a 'catastrophe' if Ed Miliband became Prime Minister.
Stefano Pessina said the Labour leader's plans were 'not helpful for business, not helpful for the country and in the end it probably won't be helpful for them'. Another reason not to vote Milliband

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
The Labour Party launched an attack on the chief executive of high street chemists Boots today. after he claimed it would be a 'catastrophe' if Ed Miliband became Prime Minister.
Stefano Pessina said the Labour leader's plans were 'not helpful for business, not helpful for the country and in the end it probably won't be helpful for them'. Another reason not to vote Milliband

He is however part of the 1%.

I'm not sure he cares that much about the UK from his place in monaco.

Not saying he isn't right, just putting him into context.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
completly agree. I really want to vote this year but literally none of the options appeal to me unless there's a decent independant

we definitely need some more options

Me too. Fed up with hearing things like a polish convicted murderer is allowed to come here and live amongst us and then kill a teenage girl. Probably wrong to blame that on one party but it's just the way I think and it will factor into my vote.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
..because you're not a part of the richest 1% in the country that the Tories look out for?

if this well worn notion were true why do at least 30% of the voting electorate back them?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
This has the feeling of the 'whatever have the romans done for us' type of thread.

Anyhow i give to you the 'Privatisation of the NHS'.

I know this is a legit reason because it said as much on a red flyer that came through my door recently...
Did gorden brown put public money into privatised hospitals that just happened to be owned by people eho also bought peerages from mr brown? Personally I think both parties are out of touch and out for themselves, dont think there is any choice

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
An interesting discussion this morning on Sky News where the SNP stated that they would look to support Labour on an issue by issue basis, if Labour were the largest party. Do you really want the SNP controlling even more of the issues effecting England.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
if this well worn notion were true why do at least 30% of the voting electorate back them?

Because they're right wing nutters? ???

In all seriousness though you just have to look at their policies to realise that the Tories have no interest in levelling the playing field. They're happy to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here