Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl XLIX New England Patriots v Seattle Seahawks ***Official Match Thread***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 4 hours to go till the USA version of the biggest sporting event on the planet.

Katy Perry is the half-time entertainment (had thought it was Coldplay so was she a late sub ?).

Tonight I will be a Patriot

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
were loose

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm going with the Seahawks on the basis that it sounds most like Seagulls.

Also, I'm a Frasier fan.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think a lot will depend on how much time Brady has on the pitch, if the Seahawks defence play well they should win.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Around 4 hours to go till the USA version of the biggest sporting event on the planet.

Katy Perry is the half-time entertainment (had thought it was Coldplay so was she a late sub ?).

Tonight I will be a Patriot

I was told by my brother-in-law in Minnesota that they were negotiating with Katy Perry the whole time. The NFL wanted Perry to pay to play because the artist that does the half time show gets very valuable publicity. I heard that Perry will play for free with many extras thrown in. I wonder if the NFL heard Katy "ROAR!" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

If you happen to wake up at 1:00 a.m. you might want to watch her act just to see what Miss Perry is wearing. I heard it's a huge surprise.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...r-bowl-spiritual-experience/story?id=28616326

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6457879/billboard-cover-katy-perry-talks-super-bowl-and-fame

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm abandoning the internet after about 10.30 tonight. Need to be up for work a couple of hours after it finishes so taping it and hoping not to find out the score. Seahawks FTW based solely on their AMAZING comeback against the Pack when their offence was about as effective as Kemi in an endurance contest for the first half.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I don't give a flying **** about American Football but I'm excited by the expected half time announcement that Pacquiao vs Mayweather is signed for May 2nd.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I don't give a flying **** about American Football but I'm excited by the expected half time announcement that Pacquiao vs Mayweather is signed for May 2nd.

Enjoy the game everyone.

The next best sport outside of football for me, I just can't get down with the likes of cricket or rugby.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Come the Seahawks followed them since channel 4 started in the 80's because they sounded like seagulls. All those years without a super bowl win and now could be two in two years.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm going with the Seahawks on the basis that it sounds most like Seagulls.

Also, I'm a Frasier fan.

Then again, Frasier started in Cheers which was based in Boston and therefore Patriots territory. Doesn't that give divided loyalties?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The next best sport outside of football for me, I just can't get down with the likes of cricket or rugby.

The complete opposite for me I would put Cricket & Boxing ahead of Football with Rugby not far behind.

I've spent plenty of times in the States including 4 weeks in San Diego when I tried to get into it and support the Chargers. I just couldn't get to grips with it.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Seahawks for me! :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here